Is the battery software limited?

Stig

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what is the real capacity of the battery? I know it's supposed to be 75 kwh but it seems more in the low to mid 60's range. So for example the interface tells me I average 168 Wh per km since last charge. I did around 278 km since then. So i consumed 46.7 kWh. The battery indicator went from 80% to 11%. That gives 100% battery as about 67 kWh or so. Is that right? We seem to be missing about 10 kWh or so from the battery. What figures are you guys getting?

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what is the real capacity of the battery? I know it's supposed to be 75 kwh but it seems more in the low to mid 60's range. So for example the interface tells me I average 168 Wh per km since last charge. I did around 278 km since then. So i consumed 46.7 kWh. The battery indicator went from 80% to 11%. That gives 100% battery as about 67 kWh or so. Is that right? We seem to be missing about 10 kWh or so from the battery. What figures are you guys getting?
That 10 kWh sounds like the theoretical buffer after you hit 0 %/kilometers/miles.