Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
I just called Tesla The Netherlands for adding. The Dutch sales advisor told me it is not possible to add it to the configuration due to Dutch law. He was very surprised it was available in France. But than he said: "I just don't know". When Dutch law allows FSD I will be notified at once. Then I asked about the price. I only can buy it at the time it is allowed and then I have to pay the After Delivery price. I think that pricing policy of Tesla is unfair, more over because I express interest for FSD before delivery in the configuration possibility time.

Can someone Twitter Elon about this and ask him to consider a fair price in this situation?

I just called Tesla The Netherlands for adding. The Dutch sales advisor told me it is not possible to add it to the configuration due to Dutch law. He was very surprised it was available in France. But than he said: "I just don't know". When Dutch law allows FSD I will be notified at once. Then I asked about the price. I only can buy it at the time it is allowed and then I have to pay the After Delivery price. I think that pricing policy of Tesla is unfair, more over because I express interest for FSD before delivery in the configuration possibility time.

Can someone Twitter Elon about this and ask him to consider a fair price in this situation?
I wouldn't listen to them, just send the e-mail as others have done. It should work this way.

Reactions: iChris93
I wouldn't listen to them, just send the e-mail as others have done. It should work this way.
I followed your advise already yesterday.

But do you know if implemented legislation in France allows Full Self Driving cars on the roads as of 2019 January First?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
That's right Buju, just reply to their e-mail confirming your order so that you'll get the upgrade a few hours later as I had!
ah ok thx. I just replied to the order confirmation mail. Try #3 ... let's see how this turns out 🤞😂

Discussion starter · #26 ·
It is now also confirmed that it works in Germany (see tff-forum post)! Lets just hope Austria follows soon 😎

I followed your advise already yesterday.
But do you know if implemented legislation in France allows Full Self Driving cars on the roads as of 2019 January First?
Tests should be legally allowed (Pacte Law voted in March last year) in France on some roads for level 4 AV's starting from 2022, level 3 ones seem currently authorized, but so far we've never heard of tests or whatever on the matter since September.
Sometimes legal news are just windows dressing here in France, as everywhere; they're just there to show up a sign of the times that politicians use to demonstrate their awareness to the people.

Is Tesla's legal department is willing to let us know what's allowed in 2019 or not (and this subject has huge consequences on civil and criminal liabilities if anything goes south on the road) I'll forward here their opinion on this subject, which is critical to FSDs users when it will avalaible.

FSD Update from The Netherlands and for the Dutch members.
An hour ago I got called by Tesla The Netherlands. The employee asked me about my interest in FSD and added that it could be 3 months or maybe 5 years when FSD is allowed in the Netherlands.
The employee said it is possible to buy the option now, but only gets added to the car when it is legally allowed. I told the employee I am interested and that I want to pay for it now and get it after the car is delivered. Price is € 3200.
The employee asked me to confirm this in writing to his/hers personal email address at Tesla. So I did and I am now awaiting confirmation of receiving the email.
So in The Netherlands it is possible to buy FSD off menu by replying the order agreement. But when you get the feature really is still unknown.

Same thing in Finland, pricing was at 3300€ and I was told that "the feature is ready now, but the local legislator will be the next hurdle" which is pretty much the same thing that you've got from Tesla NL. If with HW3 that would be the case I'd be amazed, but I'm not holding my breath.

Got an answer in France.

3200€, and it won't change the delivery date.
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Magenta

Confirmed on my order : FSD still possible as of January 4 2019. Just have to reply to your order mail and ask for it.

Font Number Screenshot
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

FSD Update from The Netherlands and for the Dutch members.
An hour ago I got called by Tesla The Netherlands. The employee asked me about my interest in FSD and added that it could be 3 months or maybe 5 years when FSD is allowed in the Netherlands.
The employee said it is possible to buy the option now, but only gets added to the car when it is legally allowed. I told the employee I am interested and that I want to pay for it now and get it after the car is delivered. Price is € 3200.
The employee asked me to confirm this in writing to his/hers personal email address at Tesla. So I did and I am now awaiting confirmation of receiving the email.
So in The Netherlands it is possible to buy FSD off menu by replying the order agreement. But when you get the feature really is still unknown.
I got confirmation that my email is received by Tesla. Only funny thing. The spoken employee thought I was a employee of Tesla instead of a regular customer and spoke very familiar to me. ha, ha, ha ;-)

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Same thing in Finland, pricing was at 3300€ and I was told that "the feature is ready now, but the local legislator will be the next hurdle" which is pretty much the same thing that you've got from Tesla NL. If with HW3 that would be the case I'd be amazed, but I'm not holding my breath.
Confirmed on my order : FSD still possible as of January 4 2019. Just have to reply to your order mail and ask for it.
Congratulations you both! I still didn't receive any answer from Tesla.

But I've updated my original first post stating it is indeed still possible and listed all 6 currently confirmed countries ;)

Reactions: iChris93
Congratulations you both! I still didn't receive any answer from Tesla.

But I've updated my original first post stating it is indeed still possible and listed all 6 currently confirmed countries ;)
Don't lose hope, I mailed them on december 29, and got an answer today, almost a week later.

Reactions: Buju
I sent Tesla an e-mail a couple of days ago to add FSD to my Model 3 order.
They confirmed that I could, but this was also in the reply I got:

Tesla Inside Sales Advisor said:
Before I take your order for the FSD I would like to point out that the legal aspect of Full Self Driving is very far away. Especially in Europe, the USA might be closer to getting it legalized. So even when we have the hardware ready, and your car would have it, you would most likely not be able to use it for a very long time. Maybe even years.

Yeah I'm not surprised.

But I do think some features will gradually be enabled like sign recognition, signal lights detection, roundabouts, etc.
And this will be allowed.

But to each his own, I'm ready for it to be useless for years, but it it proves useful, I don't want to regret paying it only 3200€ today vs. way more later.

Reactions: Buju
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.