Is it just me... [solid roof]

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TCR

Country
Country
Wouldn't the roof be white if it were non-glass?
Good point—I would assume that would be the case and that you’re right. I thought maybe it would be painted black to kind of mimic the sleek look of the black glass front to back. Anyways, I’m sure it’s just the angle or something—it just looked weird and matte to me

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think it's just the lighting and camera angle. If you look at the left side of the roof the Tesla logo appears to reflect off of glass. I think the right side just looks "flat" but just an illusion.

Jayc

Country
Country
Wouldn't the roof be white if it were non-glass?
I would hand paint it black if that is the last choice I have. Otherwise It would look very odd to have a small section of body colored metal roof between massive front and rear glass.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
...or does this post I stumbled across on instagram using #model3 appear to have a non-glass roof? Is this a trick of the eye? Because if that’s the case, wouldn’t this be a non first-production run car?
Please lnk to the actual IG post instead of just a screenshot

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Isn't she risking denting the aluminum frunk lid by sitting on it? :eek: Or is the one on the Model 3 of more robust construction than on the S?

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am pretty confident the metal roofs will all be black. It would look very strange for just a small strip on the top of the car be body color. Remember that rear window comes all the way up to the middle of the car and looks black from the outside.

The roof certainly has a matte look here and you might think is painted at first glance, but if you pay careful attention to the reflections you can see it reflects the Tesla logo like a mirror. I wonder if the ceiling is just painted a matte black and that is what you see reflected.