iPhone X Contacts issue

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone else having an issue where contacts are not working? ive tried rebooting/un pairing, turning contacts sync on/off almost everything. Music works fine but when i hit contacts it says "Preparing to sync" then looses connection.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That’s really odd. I have an iPhone X also but the contacts work the way it’s supposed to.

Do any of your contacts names have unusual characters? Emoji, non-English languages, right-to-left scripts, etc.

iOS has rich language support and lots of emoji. I wouldn’t be surprised if something non-English was causing trouble.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ll bet that’s the reason then. It’s probably just exceeding some arbitrary limit that they don’t know about because they never tested with that many. You should send a big report to Tesla if you haven’t already. Be sure to mention how many contacts you have.

Some poor intern at Tesla will get tasked with creating 1400 contacts on a phone in order to reproduce the issue.