iPhone unlock not working consistently

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

B.Silva

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The OP and several other posters with problems don't specify which version of iphone they're using. Knowing that might help people diagnose problems.

Me, I have an iphone X, and haven't had any problems so far using it as a key. I typically carry it in my left front pocket, and don't have to take it out or anything to get it to work ever.

The 4 bluetooth connections is a non-issue, those have been there forever.
I have an iPhone XS. No problems till yesterday and it failed to unlock with the phone in my left front pocket twice. I was able to get the phone to connect and th door to one by opening the Tesla app. I did a shutdown and reboot after it happened the second time and it hasn’t happened since.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The OP and several other posters with problems don't specify which version of iphone they're using. Knowing that might help people diagnose problems.

Me, I have an iphone X, and haven't had any problems so far using it as a key. I typically carry it in my left front pocket, and don't have to take it out or anything to get it to work ever.

The 4 bluetooth connections is a non-issue, those have been there forever.
here also have never had an issue with my iPhone X unlocking/connecting in the 8 months of ownership.

jdbunda

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here. I have had my car for 8 months, never a problem unlocking until just recently. I tried killing off apps in my phone (iPhone 7), and haven't had the issue for a few days.

Jetstreamsky

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Three refusal occasions so far on 12.1.2 and this morning it let me in only after using the unlock function in the app but wouldn't drive until I passed the keycard over the console sensor.
Using iPhone 7 Plus, always worked previously without taking my phone from my pocket, but thinking about it now, the week prior to installing 12.1.2 I had a few occasions where the app wouldn't connect or wake the car, I had to pull the door handle to get things moving, but since 12.1.2 that issue disappeared to be replaced with the car ignoring me even when pulling the door handle which was resolved on each occasion using the App to unlock the car.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Using iPhone 7 Plus, we initially had a lot of trouble until we started leaving the Tesla app open in the background on the phone. We sporadically still have problems. Seems to occur the most when we switch cars amongst us (there is no my car, your car in our house, so there is a lot of variation on who is driving what) and/or multiple phones have been around the car that have the same Tesla account open on the app. That seems to really confuse the situation.