Iowa Area

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Want to post about an upcoming event in Decorah, Iowa on Saturday, June 8th that was sent to me by Tesla Owners Club Iowa founder, Paul Julstrom. The second annual FEST(EV)AL will take place at the Winneshiek County Fairgrounds - Danan Lansing Building from 9am to 1pm.

LINK!!!

Unfortunately, I have prior obligations and won’t be able to make it, and Paul will actually be in Fremont for a Tesla factory tour (!!!) but I did want to get this posted so that others could see it and perhaps make it out to Decorah and meet up.

Hope that some of you make it out to this event and enjoy your time! If you do, please let us know!

Edit: crap, I had the date wrong. It’s corrected now.

Last edited:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Going to share this link to a new thread I started for the Quad City and surrounding area. I ended up creating a website called Tesla Quad Cities for the area. Super excited about it! Hoping it can take off a bit and help drive people to Tesla Owners Online to chat about all things Tesla! :)

The cars are already advertising ;)
91c20f6b-d309-4097-a0aa-021aae5ef998-jpeg.26956

5ed0ef2b-2f8e-4f15-b3a8-7f27ca380571-jpeg.26955

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Rather than cross posting, please see this thread for more info. IOWA now have new "BLACKOUT" plates! :)

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Again, rather than cross posting, please see this post from @silvwarrior regarding a $500 rebate from MidAmerican Iowa customers when purchasing a qualifying EV!

thredge

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just a heads up. The Cedar Prairie Group Sierra Club, is setting up a drive electric event in Cedar Falls on Saturday, September 28th at Overman Park. This coincides with the weekly farmers market to get a little traffic from that. Once they get some promotional stuff put together I'll put up some more info. The even last year was 2 weeks too early for me, but will love bringing the car this year.

thredge

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
OK, have some updates and links for the Cedar Falls Drive Electric Event.

Drive Electric Week Link:
https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=2155

CFU made a nice flyer if anyone feels like printing any and sharing them anywhere. Sierra club has already put some around Cedar Falls Main Street. (PDF attached to post)
1568775362400-png.29182

So far the lineup is:
2 Tesla Model S's
1 Tesla Model 3
2 Chevy Volts
1 Ford Fusion Hybrid
1 Plug in Chrysler Pacifica
1 Prius
1 Nissan Leaf
Not everything is showing up on the page, doesn't seem like the organizer added all the vehicles they sent emails about.

Any electrics welcome if you know anyone that would love to join. Or just anyone that wants to show up, would be fun to meet any of you.

Attachments

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is very cool! With the Tesla Owners Club global leadership gathering going down this week, Jake, a member of the Tesla Owners Club Iowa is out there in California and got to hang with @AEDennis and several others!

Due to work/life restraints, I couldn't make it out to this (though I truly wanted to) so I've been following along on Twitter living vicariously through the posts and pics I've been seeing. Next year perhaps for me, but for these guys and others, it looks like they're having a great time!!!

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Lovesword we hold these every year and look forward to meeting you IRL.

I said this via my club account and this is one of the rights and responsibilities of being a leader in one of the official clubs.

Besides I hold onto hope to get lucky again and hopefully get a pick up invite. Perhaps we’ll see you then!

android04

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was in Sioux City today for an errand and decided to stop by the Hy-Vee to see if I noticed any progress. Hopefully what I saw means good news about the anticipated Sioux City Superchargers.

The pictures are of the area behind the Hy-Vee near the employee parking and receiving docks. I circled the area in red, and used green to indicate where I would install the Superchargers if I were in charge. The earthmoving equipment there does not mean that they are for what we hope they are for, since they might just be parked in that convenient area for a nearby project.