Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.9.1 - Solar Improvements (8/17/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated the iOS Tesla app yesterday to v3.8.5. I saw no difference to any screen, feature, or process except one: the app does seem to wake up the car far more quickly than previously, at least from the two places in my home that I typically use. Don’t know if this is just an anomaly, but it was faster connecting today as well. I’m using an iPhone7 with iOS v12.3.1.
Ditto...it does connect faster. I hope it also fixes my trouble of connecting my bluetooth phone call.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After losing power yesterday and estimates that it may not be on for a couple of days I decided I should check the status of the closest SuperCharger. It didn't show up on my app, so I believed there was a chance it could be offline too. I pinged the local group on FB and many confirmed it was open and operational. I checked a few more times over the next few hours and it never showed on my app. I decided to close the app and restart, nada, I then changed to the other car, hit charging and there it was, shows right up, switched back and nothing. Rebooted the phone, same behavior. This morning, it is back, shows under both cars. No clue why it wouldn't show under one car, but it would the other. Other SC's in the area listed just fine.

Same phone, same app - Silent Thunder

78AB2866-0A93-4695-B3E4-E834D3E0B61F.jpeg

And later when I decided to check the other car, Niko. ST still wouldn't show the closer charger status.

B5207F33-3101-4226-A14E-21B55964D3E1.png

Last edited:

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
So, same app as yesterday, but I moved from 12.1.1 to 20.1 on the vehicle SW and I too can no longer see available supercharger availability
Now it's all working again. No interim updates. Could have been a glitch in the system, or after the in car SW update, it might take some hours to enable the proxy reference to the app?

Anyway, it's working and nothing nearby is available. ;-)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve lost my phone key twice since updating this app. I’ll open the app and find it asks to set up a phone key. On the MCU, it shows my phone still listed but it won’t pair and unlock the door or allow me to drive. This is a pretty bad bug. Is anyone else experiencing this?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve lost my phone key twice since updating this app. I’ll open the app and find it asks to set up a phone key. On the MCU, it shows my phone still listed but it won’t pair and unlock the door or allow me to drive. This is a pretty bad bug. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Calling @iChris93 I think he has noted the same thing this morning.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, as @GDN said this happened to me this morning and I have not messed with it yet. I had to log back into the account and when I did it no longer functioned as a key. 1565810765957.png

FF35

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Haven’t had this problem.......yet.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having the same problem since app update to 3.9.0

Others too https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/phone-key.13794/

How can we reach Teslas app developer to hotfix this issue?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, as @GDN said this happened to me this morning and I have not messed with it yet. I had to log back into the account and when I did it no longer functioned as a key. View attachment 28368
I added my phone as a key again last night and this morning it was the same story, it lost it’s configuration.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Also, FYI, when the phone key is not working to unlock the car that also means that walk away lock does not work.
Your post caught my attention because my Model 3 yesterday failed to autolock when I walked away. But I have had absolutely no problem with my phone as the key (at least to get in and drive). And I had even recently noticed an improvement.... as we have multiple cars and solar, it has historically been typical to go out to the model 3 and find that the doors won’t unlock, but it has always been because the app was last on one of the other Tesla items. Take a few seconds, open the app, switch to the model 3, then back functional. With this update, the car is always responding to the phone even if it’s not the model 3 open in the background on the Tesla app. So they seemed to have made it better for me and maybe broke it for others? Have also wondered if the phone key issue is interfacing at all with the driver profiles linked to the phone key (2019.28.2).

Will be interested to know if your phone key keeps disappearing.