Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.9.1 - Solar Improvements (8/17/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3.8.2 "This release contains minor fixes and improvements." has been posted today.
This is interesting as several reported today getting their charging notifications back in the last 24 hours, but they noted they had not received an app update at that time. Maybe there is some Tesla infrastructure behind the scenes tied to the app that gets updated each time the app is updated and that happened overnight. So perhaps tied to the code release on the servers, but not the actual app itself.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't want to jinx it like I did with 3.8.1, but 3.8.2 seems to wake up the car almost immediately. I have force quit the app a few times and it seems to work right away.

JustTheTip

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
so you can quickly get to the pre-heating screen quicker, but still have to tap each seat heater off 😞
The seats turn on because they are more efficient at heating the cabin than just the air vents alone. It's by design. They'll turn off eventually when the cabin reaches set temp.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated OP for v3.8.2. While the release notes don’t give anything away, I wonder if this included the ability to remotely turn on/off Sentry Mode.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The seats turn on because they are more efficient at heating the cabin than just the air vents alone. It's by design. They'll turn off eventually when the cabin reaches set temp.
I don’t care so much about the other seats being on, but wish they set the driver seat per the last drive so it was on high when preconditioning was turned on instead of having to tap it twice to got it back to high

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don’t care so much about the other seats being on, but wish they set the driver seat per the last drive so it was on high when preconditioning was turned on instead of having to tap it twice to got it back to high
Agree; it would be great if the seats were left at the last setting used.

BUT: I discovered that the seat heating settings the app initially shows aren't what the car display shows when I get in 5 min. later. The app showed all seats heating and only the driver's seat was on at the heat level I had last used when driving. And I've never had the seat heating settings change on their own according to the car's inside temp.
Might be worth an experiment with your vehicle to see if the app display actually matches the seat settings shown in the car display.

Too bad there aren't detailed release notes / user guides for the app.

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here's the post I just added to the general Software / Firmware thread:

BUT: I discovered that the seat heating settings the app initially shows aren't what the car display shows when I get in 5 min. later. The app showed all seats heating and only the driver's seat was on at the heat level I had last used when driving. And I've never had the seat heating settings change on their own according to the car's inside temp.
Might be worth an experiment with your vehicle to see if the app display actually matches the seat settings shown in the car display.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

The behavior that I've observed in both 3.8.1 and 3.8.2 is that the seat heater setting when you get in the car depends upon whether you've adjusted any of the seat settings in the app. The seats that you've adjusted use the app setting and the seats that you've left alone revert to the setting the last time you drove. At least for the front seats, as my rear seats always turn off when I enter the car.

So let's say I was last driving with driver and passenger seats at 1. I turn on climate from the app, and based upon ambient temperature it decides to turn on all seats to 2. I adjust driver seat on app to 3, but leave passenger seat at default of 2. When I enter the car, driver will be at 3, passenger at 1, and all rear off.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
BUT: I discovered that the seat heating settings the app initially shows aren't what the car display shows when I get in 5 min. later. The app showed all seats heating and only the driver's seat was on at the heat level I had last used when driving.
this has not been my experience. Normally, I have the driver seat (only) on high. But setting both front seats to medium in the app, when I go out to the car, this is what is showing on the screen (and by feeling the seats).

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
this has not been my experience. Normally, I have the driver seat (only) on high. But setting both front seats to medium in the app, when I go out to the car, this is what is showing on the screen (and by feeling the seats).
Understand.
My comment referred to what the app shows initially when I turn Climate on from the app and before I attempt any changes. That seems to match what the Long Ranger is saying.
And, given what JWardell says, I should clarify that my car is at 2018.50.6 and I've just updated the app to 3.8.2 without testing to see if the app update makes a difference.
I still would like to know the developers intended the behaviour to be. :rolleyes:

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't kept up with all the details of this thread, but in one day I find two problems with this app release. I have a few parts that have arrived for the car. I got a text from Tesla and they said I should just use the app to schedule my appointment for installation. After attempting the 3rd time and it timed/out failed, I called. Linda was very enthusiastic to tell me I should have just used the app. When she slowed down enough to listen to me, she said the failure was a known issue and I should log out and back in. iOS, so I logged out, then force closed the app. Logged back in and the same identical result of trying to self schedule the appointment. I called back and just happen to get Linda again. She couldn't get over telling me that all I had to do was log off and back on. Finally got her to listen and she scheduled the appointment for me. The appointment showed up in my app and all was good.

Then I get home and plugged the car in, no notification, I didn't think too much about it though, just went on with my evening. A few minutes ago my partner noted my car was done, I looked at my phone and no notification. So I look through the app and about half of my notifications are turned off. Logging out and restarting the app lost my settings.

So hope they have already noted the issues and are working on them, but this app needs some help.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I haven't kept up with all the details of this thread, but in one day I find two problems with this app release. I have a few parts that have arrived for the car. I got a text from Tesla and they said I should just use the app to schedule my appointment for installation. After attempting the 3rd time and it timed/out failed, I called. Linda was very enthusiastic to tell me I should have just used the app. When she slowed down enough to listen to me, she said the failure was a known issue and I should log out and back in. iOS, so I logged out, then force closed the app. Logged back in and the same identical result of trying to self schedule the appointment. I called back and just happen to get Linda again. She couldn't get over telling me that all I had to do was log off and back on. Finally got her to listen and she scheduled the appointment for me. The appointment showed up in my app and all was good.

Then I get home and plugged the car in, no notification, I didn't think too much about it though, just went on with my evening. A few minutes ago my partner noted my car was done, I looked at my phone and no notification. So I look through the app and about half of my notifications are turned off. Logging out and restarting the app lost my settings.

So hope they have already noted the issues and are working on them, but this app needs some help.
That’s interesting, I just booked service from the app today for my steering wheel issue and it worked pretty well for my first time using it.

PiperPaul

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3.8.3 App just released. Don't know what bug fixed or features were added?
Yeah; my wife's iPhone showed the update on her App Store updates, but again my iPhone doesn't show it. One update notification per customer?? :rolleyes:
The release notes from the App Store don't reveal anything new.
I'm just going to wait to see if I eventually do get a notification. Maybe she's special because her iPhone is newer, shinier, bigger, uses more apps.......

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah; my wife's iPhone showed the update on her App Store updates, but again my iPhone doesn't show it. One update notification per customer?? :rolleyes:
The release notes from the App Store don't reveal anything new.
I'm just going to wait to see if I eventually do get a notification. Maybe she's special because her iPhone is newer, shinier, bigger, uses more apps.......
Did you try refreshing?