Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.8 - minor fixes and improvements (08/21/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One nice little change is when you move the limit slider in the Charging pane, it now shows you the actual percentage you're setting it to - no more quesstimation! (I set mine to exactly 80% tonight, and it charged to exactly 83%, so there's still that)
Very nice catch. And when you slide it back and forth, on iOS you get some haptic feedback as you slide past 90%. A nice little catch or reminder/warning to not go above 90%, of course unless you need to.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One nice little change is when you move the limit slider in the Charging pane, it now shows you the actual percentage you're setting it to - no more quesstimation! (I set mine to exactly 80% tonight, and it charged to exactly 83%, so there's still that)
Nice. Looks like it reads in miles, km, or % depending upon the car display settings. My app says 279 miles at the 90% line and 310 if I drag it to full charge.

zosoisnotaword

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It probably charged to 80%, and ambient temperature changes affected the battery percentage afterwards. This happens to me a lot. Some days I will get home from work and get in the car an hour or two later for dinner and it'll be 3-4% higher. Sometimes it will be 3-4% lower.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here is a picture of the app showing projected percentage at the selected level. It will show miles/kilometers if that’s your setting as well!

56c3dfe5-16a2-4976-a716-807be84941f2-png.30850

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Here is a picture of the app showing projected percentage at the selected level. It will show miles/kilometers if that’s your setting as well!

View attachment 30850
And for some obscure reason, after setting 90% on the app, the next morning the car was at 92% and I got a warning that continued charging to that level would lower battery life expectancy.

So I have set it to 88% for next time..

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
And for some obscure reason, after setting 90% on the app, the next morning the car was at 92% and I got a warning that continued charging to that level would lower battery life expectancy.

So I have set it to 88% for next time..
I have seen mine charge to 91 and 92 a few times in the last few weeks as well

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interesting bug yesterday and again this morning. Opened the iPhone app (latest release 3.10.2) in the house to the black AWD, which is the car I drive most. I set the climate to come on a few minutes before we were leaving. Went out to open the trunk and then get in and the car did nothing. Checked the app, I was still on the AWD. Tried again and nothing. Went to the controls to unlock the trunk and the trunk on the RWD sitting next to it popped open. Went back a screen and confirmed I was on the AWD, I was.

Same thing happened again this morning. The climate came on in the car I set it for, the app was set to the AWD, but instead of trunk, I just hit the unlock button and the RWD unlocked. Partner pulled his phone out switched to the AWD and it unlocked via bluetooth.

The joys of progress. Two steps forward and one step back.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
New version is out. Officially more minor fixes and improvements. The only thing I see is the word "Climate" is now next to "Turn On" on the climate screen.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No upgrade for me: LR RWD. But something odd here. The app shows me eligible for FSD. But I have FSD and have had it since July 2018 acquisition. My car shows the features, my invoice reflects that, and the Tesla website also confirms this. Odd. And no, I won’t add it twice.A
59a27860-1d9d-44b3-bdf5-dfe2d7a97f47-png.31266

slacker775

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interesting. My July 18 M3 was bought with FSD and the app shows no upgrades available for me. So the backend logic can work.
Also interesting that the FSD upgrade is available for 4K. Isn’t it 6K these days?

sduck

Country
Country
I found a little oddity - not sure if this was there before, but it's interesting. If you go to your loot box, and click the icon at top left,
img_1676-png.31268

You get a "leaderboard" thing, with some (probably) made up stats. Mine are incorrect in the Owners tab, and the map in the Local tab is really funny, having nothing to do with local geography - it seems to be showing Brentwood, California instead of Tennessee.
img_1675-png.31269

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I found a little oddity - not sure if this was there before, but it's interesting. If you go to your loot box, and click the icon at top left,
View attachment 31268

You get a "leaderboard" thing, with some (probably) made up stats. Mine are incorrect in the Owners tab, and the map in the Local tab is really funny, having nothing to do with local geography - it seems to be showing Brentwood, California instead of Tennessee.
View attachment 31269
The leaderboard has been around a long time on the full web site version. It has also not been correct there for a while either. It used to show you and your referrals and then all Tesla's and the CO2 saved. Maybe they are trying to bring it back. Hope they will get it working correctly if they are going to display it.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No upgrade for me: LR RWD. But something odd here. The app shows me eligible for FSD. But I have FSD and have had it since July 2018 acquisition. My car shows the features, my invoice reflects that, and the Tesla website also confirms this. Odd. And no, I won’t add it twice.A View attachment 31266
That’s the old post-purchase price that was grandfathered in for earlier buyers (pre mid-2018) right? Before they jacked it up to $5K US — all back in the Enhanced Autopilot days.

Interesting. My July 18 M3 was bought with FSD and the app shows no upgrades available for me. So the backend logic can work.
Also interesting that the FSD upgrade is available for 4K. Isn’t it 6K these days?
It’s $7K US now.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That’s the old post-purchase price that was grandfathered in for earlier buyers (pre mid-2018) right? Before they jacked it up to $5K US — all back in the Enhanced Autopilot days.

It’s $7K US now.
Right. For me FSD was a $3k add-on after $5k for what was then EAP. At purchase, not after.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No upgrade for me: LR RWD. But something odd here. The app shows me eligible for FSD. But I have FSD and have had it since July 2018 acquisition. My car shows the features, my invoice reflects that, and the Tesla website also confirms this. Odd. And no, I won’t add it twice.A View attachment 31266
Does it also list FSD on the purchased tab? I have seen some flukes where people see it listed as purchased twice.

SalisburySam

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does it also list FSD on the purchased tab? I have seen some flukes where people see it listed as purchased twice.
No, FSD not listed under “Purchased.” A bit worrisome, but apparently the car doesn’t know about the “Upgrades” part of the app and continues to think it has FSD. As does my bank account balance.

Last edited: