Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.4 - minor fixes and improvements (03/04/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@ghoticov - did you get an employee car from the launch event as well? I haven't seen another launch event 3 other than mine. Love to know more!
Mine came from a Tesla employee that got his in the next batch after the launch event. He said the launch event was the first 50 and then he got his less than a month later. How about you?

apmowery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine came from a Tesla employee that got his in the next batch after the launch event. He said the launch event was the first 50 and then he got his less than a month later. How about you?
Mine was an employee car as well but mine was one of the 1st 30 that were given away at the launch event. My friend who got selected got to go on stage & get her key card right there at the launch event...crazy that VIN 110 was given away at the launch event but VIN 89 was 1 month later.

ghoticov

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine was an employee car as well but mine was one of the 1st 30 that were given away at the launch event. My friend who got selected got to go on stage & get her key card right there at the launch event...crazy that VIN 110 was given away at the launch event but VIN 89 was 1 month later.
That's very cool! Yea, the whole VIN thing is a bit strange. All I know is my car (as told my the guy I bought it from) was completely hand assembled, he said they took GREAT car in assembling these first cars because of the impression it was going to make on the public.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.4.2 is out for iOS, but only officially listed as including “minor fixes and improvements”. I do not see any noticeable changes in the UI.

S Madgal

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.4.2 is out for iOS, but only officially listed as including “minor fixes and improvements”. I do not see any noticeable changes in the UI.
Couldn't find a separate thread for Android, but confirming that 3.4.2-348 for Android has no visible improvements. I hope the phone key is more reliable - I will monitor over next couple of days and report back

Edit: Sorry, just found the Android thread...

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just updated and am amazed at how fast the app (and car?) wakes up. I’m away from home so I don’t know if the car is actually responding that quickly but, just the other day, it was interminably long waiting to open the frunk as I walked toward the car so this seems great.

Videos are the same ones they have on the website. Honestly, since I wasn’t able to access the app until I had a car actually handed over to me, I’m not sure having videos on the app will do much to speed up delivery. Has that changed?

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Click on the settings cog upper left and you’ll see “Video Guides” just beneath the Loot Box.
I've got the updated app and have an active car on the account. No Videos. Checked the settings cog. Have the loot box and under that is notifications. No mention of videos anywhere for me.

On letting people have access before they get a car, I think it is a good idea and maybe they were trying, but realized they didn't lock something else down. They want to give everyone every opportunity to watch videos and learn about the car before coming to pick it up. We know by the numbers there are large numbers of people buying the car that don't live on the forums here with us. I think Tesla is trying to reach them and educate them to keep the time at pick up to a minimum.

G0GR33N

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Click on the settings cog upper left and you’ll see “Video Guides” just beneath the Loot Box.
I've got the updated app and have an active car on the account. No Videos. Checked the settings cog. Have the loot box and under that is notifications. No mention of videos anywhere for me.
You both are correct.
When I first checked the update, i guess yesterday early morning, it (the videos) were there. Now I don't see them either.
I guess they are making changes :)

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if there's a lot of demand on the servers for the app and that's causing the inconsistency in access (either by design or errors). When I can log in, load times are long.

I'm imagining a huge flood of new users suddenly all trying to use the app at once.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm wondering if there's a lot of demand on the servers for the app and that's causing the inconsistency in access (either by design or errors). When I can log in, load times are long.

I'm imagining a huge flood of new users suddenly all trying to use the app at once.
I'm thinking the same thing -- I couldn't pre-cool my car this morning. It just would not connect...