Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.4 - minor fixes and improvements (03/04/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have the new app, but don't see anything new revealing itself. Since the app knows what version of SW is on the car do you think it can configure and add config items in the app on the fly based on car SW version?
That’s my best guess is that we won’t see said feature until our car’s reach the necessary version.

apmowery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well we have a thread dedicated to logging car software updates over time, so we might as well pin a one stop shop to track the app over time.

With this thread we will focus on iOS, so if someone else wants to volunteer to spin up a similar thread for Android please do.

Please reply into the thread with thoughts, comments, updates, and more; and I will update this original post as updates come out.

Stealing shamelessly from @Brokedoc

Most recent update will always be on top.

3.4.1 (6/20/2018)
  • Limit vehicle speed and acceleration with Speed Limit Mode. Maximum vehicle speed can be set between 50-90 mph (80-145 km/h). NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.24 or above.

3.4.0 (5/30/2018)
  • Officially “Powerwall Time-Based Control in select regions”

3.3.6 (5/4/2018)
  • Officially “minor fixes and improvements”

3.3.5 (4/11/2018)
  • Officially "minor fixes and improvements"
  • Added "help" for troubleshooting Phone Key

3.3.4 (3/24/2018)

3.3.3 (3/20/18)
  • Moved frunk release to widget
Baseline
  • Phone as a key
  • Remote climate control
  • Unlock/lock doors (works without internet if within Bluetooth range)
  • Flash lights
  • Honk horn
  • Start car
  • Frunk release
  • Trunk release
  • Enable/Disable Valet Mode
  • Open/Close Charge Port
  • Set Charge Limit
  • Get charging notifications
  • See range
  • See current status (parked, charging, driving with speed)
  • Visualize what’s open (doors, frunk, trunk, and charge port)
  • See current location
  • See current mileage
  • See current software version
  • See VIN
  • Alarm
  • Push Notification on Charging Started
  • Push Notification on Charing Interrupted
  • Push Notification on Charging Complete
  • Push Notification on Software Update
  • Push Notification on Summon Started (not yet available for Model 3)
  • Push Notification on Summon Complete (not yet available for Model 3)
  • Push Notification on Summon Failed (not yet available for Model 3)
I just got summons on our model 3 - today! I'm in Omaha at the world series & can't try it out until I get back home but my wife sent me a screenshot of summons now live & I see it active on my phone app as well!
Love this car!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got summons on our model 3 - today! I'm in Omaha at the world series & can't try it out until I get back home but my wife sent me a screenshot of summons now live & I see it active on my phone app as well!
Love this car!
WHAT? So you got a SW update on the car? Can you tell us the SW version from your phone app? It's at the bottom of the main screen.

Tstroud

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bring it tstroud - let's do lunch sometime together!
should have a Tesla/Model 3 luncheon at the Bham supercharger and spread the word. Either people look at my car like "what is that?", "whoa look a Tesla" or "...<no reaction because they have no idea it's the best car on the road>"

apmowery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
should have a Tesla/Model 3 luncheon at the Bham supercharger and spread the word. Either people look at my car like "what is that?", "whoa look a Tesla" or "...<no reaction because they have no idea it's the best car on the road>"
Yep very true...we are up for it....maybe walk over for some top golf as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated OP to include a reference to the activation of the Summon feature along side car firmware 2018.24.

VBruce

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you seen the following ( from Slashdot: )

The Car Connectivity Consortium, a mix of major smartphone and automotive brands, has posted a Digital Key 1.0 standard that will let you download a virtual key that can unlock your vehicle, start the engine and even share access with other drivers. Engadget reports: Unsurprisingly, the technology focuses on security more than anything else. Your car manufacturer uses an existing trusted system to send the digital key to your phone, which uses close-range NFC to grant access to your ride. You can't just unlock your car from inside your home, then, but this would also force would-be thieves to be physically present with your phone when trying to unlock your car. Apple, LG and Samsung are among the phone brands in the group, while car brands including BMW, Hyundai and the Volkswagen group are also onboard. There's also talk of a version 2.0 spec that will promise more interoperability between cars and mobile devices in the first quarter of 2019.

If you are interested in the high-level architecture, see "Building Digital Key Solution for Automotive" (SIC). The "standard" appears to be little more than the above high-level architecture. This is hardly a standard because it lacks the normal feature requirements and just as importantly, a clear delineation between what is in the standard, what is precluded and most importantly, inter-operability conditions. But at least other manufacturers are seeing the value of digital keys.