Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.3 - minor fixes and improvements (12/18/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve noticed the smartphone app changes with a firmware update on the car. This is interested to me as I always thought an app was an app was an app and changes meant app updates. But alas, no. So my experience with iOS v3.10.0 of the app:

1- chronologically, I got an Apple iOS update first, to iOS 13.1
2- then my Tesla app updated to v3.10.0
3- then Model 3 updated to v32.2.2
4- then Model 3 updated to v32.11
5- then Model 3 updated to v32.11.1

With no update to the iOS app but with each of the Model 3 updates:
  • the app changed/rearranged itself to accommodate new features. Yea!
  • I had to re-enter my login credentials, which I’ve not had to do previously. Boo!
  • I had to re-enable TouchID. Boo!
  • I had to re-enable Calendar Sync. Boo!
Anyone posit why these last 3 aren’t sticky?
I don't think the logins were attached to the firmware or app updates. I had to re-login when Tesla's backend servers went down, which was a major thing two weeks ago but did happen again quickly last week. So they just legitimately broke something that didn't have to do with the app. I've never had to re-login after updating the app.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the last couple weeks (maybe since the last Tesla app or iOS update, but not sure) Im no longer getting charge started/completed alerts on my phone. I get them on my iPad, but not phone. Both have the alerts settings the same and have not made any other general iOS settings changes. not a huge deal, just curious that they stopped on one device but not the other.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for the last couple weeks (maybe since the last Tesla app or iOS update, but not sure) Im no longer getting charge started/completed alerts on my phone. I get them on my iPad, but not phone. Both have the alerts settings the same and have not made any other general iOS settings changes. not a huge deal, just curious that they stopped on one device but not the other.
Someone at work just complained about not getting charge completed notifications on their iphone.

Gatica

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had this issue as well. In the Tesla app on the iPhone I went into settings (Tesla app) then the notifications area and noticed that the setting was not checked for the alert when charging complete and charging started. After checking them everything is back to normal for me.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had this issue as well. In the Tesla app on the iPhone I went into settings (Tesla app) then the notifications area and noticed that the setting was not checked for the alert when charging complete and charging started. After checking them everything is back to normal for me.
mine are checked though. WHen I noticed I wasnt getting the notifications, I specifically went into the settings to verify the last update didnt disable them, and all are checked.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here was the issue (or at least expect it all should be back to normal now). while the main notifications screen showed everything checked, the vehicle screen had my car unchecked. previous releases, I don't believe you could check the main screen options if a car was not selected on the vehicle screen.
rechecked and will see when the charging is done later this morning.

img_00fb1beb7ab3-1-jpeg.30409

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
here was the issue (or at least expect it all should be back to normal now). while the main notifications screen showed everything checked, the vehicle screen had my car unchecked. previous releases, I don't believe you could check the main screen options if a car was not selected on the vehicle screen.
rechecked and will see when the charging is done later this morning.

View attachment 30409
I had never clicked on that "number" beside vechicle. Mine shows "2" of course, but I don't ever recall realzing there was something behind that number or setting. To say the least when I touch the "2" the cars are listed there individually and they are both selected. I've not noticed missing any notifications recently.

I'll say this as a trial- when you log out and back in to the mobile app you have to go select notificaitons again as they get cleared. Maybe try logging out of the app and back in to see if that will reset the notifications.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I had never clicked on that "number" beside vechicle. Mine shows "2" of course, but I don't ever recall realzing there was something behind that number or setting. To say the least when I touch the "2" the cars are listed there individually and they are both selected. I've not noticed missing any notifications recently.

I'll say this as a trial- when you log out and back in to the mobile app you have to go select notificaitons again as they get cleared. Maybe try logging out of the app and back in to see if that will reset the notifications.
logged out and back in last night, resetting all the notifications, and got the "Charging Started" notification this morning!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
logged out and back in last night, resetting all the notifications, and got the "Charging Started" notification this morning!
Very nice - I'll take credit for that SW problems 101 tip - always just reboot or log off and back in. Sorry - just giving you a hard time as it really shouldn't be that way, but way too often it is unfortunately.

For a weird coincidence this morning when I got up - I had been logged out of the app for no apparent reason. I had to log in just to see or connect to the car. My notificatons are working and I didn't have to reset them like you normally do if you do the log off yourself. Maybe they are fixing some of this.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very nice - I'll take credit for that SW problems 101 tip - always just reboot or log off and back in. Sorry - just giving you a hard time as it really shouldn't be that way, but way too often it is unfortunately.

For a weird coincidence this morning when I got up - I had been logged out of the app for no apparent reason. I had to log in just to see or connect to the car. My notificatons are working and I didn't have to reset them like you normally do if you do the log off yourself. Maybe they are fixing some of this.
But now the notifications are not coming thru on the iPad 🤨