Current iOS Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.13 - minor fixes and improvements (6/4/2021)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

help_balance_thegrid_with_evdotenergy

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does it still have that Upgrades section? (Yeah, I’ll probably keep asking about it.)
I went back a page or two and see you've asked, but I missed why. Does yours not show it? Or you don't want it to show?

sduck

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I’m still on app version 3.10.2 and am avoiding updating until that section moves off the home screen for the app. 🙂
Good luck with that. I doubt it will. Although it would be nice - there's absolutely no reason for it to be there constantly. Especially if like me there aren't any potential upgrades to buy anymore.

Reactions: 2 people

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is this new? Or do you recall when it was added? I don't recall the battery conditioning icon being on this screen before, this is on the climate screen from iOS. Perhaps just not cold enough here to see it? At least I assume that to be battery conditioning.
battery heating icon.jpg

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is this new? Or do you recall when it was added? I don't recall the battery conditioning icon being on this screen before, this is on the climate screen from iOS. Perhaps just not cold enough here to see it? At least I assume that to be battery conditioning.
View attachment 36609
It appeared within the past month. Not sure it coincided with an app or car update or Tesla just flipping a switch.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It appeared within the past month. Not sure it coincided with an app or car update or Tesla just flipping a switch.
Thanks, I don't recall seeing it reported and I didn't recall it being there last year. Thought maybe it was because we just hadn't been cold enough here. We've not had an app update in a couple of months.

Is the consensus that it is pre-conditioning/heating the battery?

Last edited:

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks, I don't recall seeing it reported and I didn't recall it being there last year. Thought maybe it was because we just hadn't been cold enough here. We've not had an app update in a couple of months.
I've seen it mentioned a few times on Reddit in the past couple of weeks. It definitely wasn't there last year, but not sure when exactly it was added.

Yup!

Reactions: 1 person

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
View attachment 36609
Been there at LEAST a couple builds for me, probably more like 3-4

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes. I’ve noticed that it comes on when I “Turn on Climate”, but if I then toggle climate off, it doesn’t turn off like the defrost icon does. It seems to stay on for 30 minutes, as it probably expects that I’ll be driving soon. While this icon is on, I notice that my reported charging rate in mi/hr is reduced, while still drawing the same current, so it’s consistent with battery preheating.

Like others, I first noticed this about a month ago, and it didn’t coincide with an app update.

Reactions: 1 person

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, version 3.10.2 (from like 2019) has hit the end of the road. Just got this notification.
[Image description: screen shot of phone at 6:11 on Tuesday, January 26. Tesla notification: “New App Version available. Please update to the latest version. This version will stop working in 72h”]
A5AF28AC-61DE-4727-8173-267A746EA064.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: GDN

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, version 3.10.2 (from like 2019) has hit the end of the road. Just got this notification.
[Image description: screen shot of phone at 6:11 on Tuesday, January 26. Tesla notification: “New App Version available. Please update to the latest version. This version will stop working in 72h”]
View attachment 36853
How do we go about updating our app?

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
How do we go about updating our app?
However you normally update the app on your phone. On iOS, one can visit the App Stire and find the app there where you will be presented with an option to update. Alternatively, you may have a list of app updates from which to choose from. If you like living dangerously, there is an option to automatically keep your apps updated.

I held out on an old version of the app because I was so incensed with the Upgrades addition to the app screen. But I can hold out no more.

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
However you normally update the app on your phone. On iOS, one can visit the App Stire and find the app there where you will be presented with an option to update. Alternatively, you may have a list of app updates from which to choose from. If you like living dangerously, there is an option to automatically keep your apps updated.

I held out on an old version of the app because I was so incensed with the Upgrades addition to the app screen. But I can hold out no more.
I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no issue with my Tesla app of which I am aware. And I've received no such notice as you show above. Should I proactively seek out a update, or should I wait for Tesla to prompt me, or does it make any difference?

Reactions: Mike

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I apologize for my ignorance, but I have no issue with my Tesla app of which I am aware. And I've received no such notice as you show above. Should I proactively seek out a update, or should I wait for Tesla to prompt me, or does it make any difference?
You likely have automatic updates turned on for your phone and are running the latest to be honest. Open your Tesla app, go to the settings page (Gear icon in the upper left corner) and then scroll to the bottom, you are likely already on 3.10.9, which is the latest for now.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mike, Kizzy and FRC

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You likely have automatic updates turned on for your phone and are running the latest to be honest. Open your Tesla app, go to the settings page (Gear icon in the upper left corner) and then scroll to the bottom, you are likely already on 3.10.9, which is the latest for now.
Thank you, sir! You are 100% correct! And you are well-skilled at communicating with us with lower-than-average intelligence! ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Mike

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thank you, sir! You are 100% correct! And you are well-skilled at communicating with us with lower-than-average intelligence! ;)
There is no such thing - we all exist from the same life form - some of us just have nothing better to do than be geeks and keep our phones in front of us likely more than we should.

Reactions: Mike and iChris93

sduck

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
FWIW there isn't actually a "new" version of the app that just dropped. Some folks just don't update their apps. The current version (3.10.9) has been out for quite a while, but there's nothing newer.

Reactions: Mike, FRC and Kizzy

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If they are End of Lifing an older release, it makes you wonder if a new one is on the way. I don't know if they have a life span on older releases that expires them, or if they have 2 or 3 active at a time. Either way, maybe a new version is on the way that would need to get pushed out before a new v11 or some other fantastic version of SW for the car.