Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Introducing my new Username......

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  GDN 
#1 ·
So, I've been on here for quite sometime now but always wanted to change my username. Now that I have my car and have named it I decided it was time. I'm sure most of you can figure out what my name used to be but I'd rather be a little more discrete so, from now on I'll be going by "3V Pilot". Just in case you are wondering why the change, well lets just say I'd rather not be tracked down easily, although nowadays almost everyone has access to everything electronic however it's still no reason to make it easy. Just for fun, here is a pic of me "at the office"......

Plant Plant community Vehicle Aircraft Helicopter

See less See more
#8 ·
So, I've been on here for quite sometime now but always wanted to change my username. Now that I have my car and have named it I decided it was time. I'm sure most of you can figure out what my name used to be but I'd rather be a little more discrete so, from now on I'll be going by "3V Pilot". Just in case you are wondering why the change, well lets just say I'd rather not be tracked down easily, although nowadays almost everyone has access to everything electronic however it's still no reason to make it easy. Just for fun, here is a pic of me "at the office"......

View attachment 9344
Man, that looks like a fun job! Maybe too much fun for me. :D

#9 ·
I've had lots of fun over the last 30 years from flying Blackhawks in combat during Desert Storm for the 101st to local PD chasing bad guys to Federal Agencies chasing drug runners like the pic above. It's all over now due to medical issues (related to my combat time ironically enough) but maybe someday I'll get a light sport aircraft and fly for fun. The career has been awesome though and I've seen more "live action film scenes" in real life than I can remember. It's a young mans game and I'm passing the torch to guys that look like they should still be in High School, do we get older or do they get younger? Still trying to figure that one out! Anyway it's been a good run and I've got no complaints.....well, except for that one guy who got away! (not the picture above though, he didn't)....LOL.

#12 ·
First, thank you for your service in Desert Storm. Did you ever meet Stormin' Norman? He seems like a good leader. I recall a picture of the Iraqi surrender ceremony with many tanks flanking the scene. Kind of awesome looking.

As for flying, here is what my son and I will be flying this summer at a nearby airfield for RCs. We're being trained soon and will fly when it's not too windy. It has about a five foot wingspan.
View attachment 9362
That RC plane looks like lots of fun! What great family time, I'm sure your son will love it!

I actually flew General Schwarzkopf 3 days before Thanksgiving over in the desert. It was to check the route before President Bush came over. He was a very down to earth guy for all responsibility he had. He hopped on our Blackhawk and said "Either one of you know how to fly this thing?". To which the CW4 flying with my replied "Well, I read the take part of the manual this morning" and then I said "And I read the landing part so we should be good!". He just laughed a little and away we went. I regret not getting a picture with him that day but I made up for it later when I flew General Powell. He was Chairman of Joint Chiefs still and just before this picture was taken I watched his Huey crash land on the beach, he almost died but it never even made the papers or press here in the states.

Attachments

#16 ·
That RC plane looks like lots of fun! What great family time, I'm sure your son will love it!

I actually flew General Schwarzkopf 3 days before Thanksgiving over in the desert. It was to check the route before President Bush came over. He was a very down to earth guy for all responsibility he had. He hopped on our Blackhawk and said "Either one of you know how to fly this thing?". To which the CW4 flying with my replied "Well, I read the take part of the manual this morning" and then I said "And I read the landing part so we should be good!". He just laughed a little and away we went. I regret not getting a picture with him that day but I made up for it later when I flew General Powell. He was Chairman of Joint Chiefs still and just before this picture was taken I watched his Huey crash land on the beach, he almost died but it never even made the papers or press here in the states.
I remember General Powell also. Those were great leaders back then. Very cool that you flew both Norman and Powell!

#18 ·
#20 ·
Very cool thread here coming from a simple user name change starting it. Amazing to see the number of pilots of various types here. Thank you to all that have protected us in the USA. I would likely never cross paths with or see and know you all, but here we are, regardless of what we all do, a car has brought us together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.