Intolerable Powerwall fiasco

save_300_dollars_ev_dot_energy

Yanquetino

I have about lost my patience, and NEVER would have thought this of Tesla.

I ordered 2 Powerwalls 3 years and 3 months ago. After many inquiries and exchanges, Tesla finally got around to training and certifying an installer in my area earlier this year. I've submitted all documents and photos requested on my order page, the installer has inspected my setup, and gave me an estimate, requesting an 80% deposit to order the hardware from Tesla.

I paid that deposit over a month ago, and the installer submitted the order. Now the Tesla Energy regional manager tells me that they wouldn't be able to ship that hardware until February at the earliest. This is ridiculous! Literally YEARS of waiting, thousands of dollars paid, yet I still have to wait many months more? Unacceptable! WTF?

GDN

Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would agree, they have to fix this. What you might look into doing is look for the people selling powerwalls they've won as referrals. If they aren't marked up, I believe they are all the red ones, might be the quickest and easiest. I don't know what that does for warranty and your install however. I see one or two a week for seel it seems on different forums.

None of this is an excuse for what you've been put through however.

Bigriver

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
@Yanquetino, so sorry to hear. I was on the brink of sanity at times dealing with Tesla Energy regarding my powerwalls, and I only ended up waiting 16 months, less than half the time you’ve waited.

Reactions: 1 person