Interior trim

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ReD eXiLe

Country
Country
I'm with you.
  • "Sub zero package"
  • 12-way adjustable seats and memory everything
  • Premium audio
  • All glass roof
  • Auto dimming/folding side mirrors
  • LED fog lamps
  • 2 phone docks
There's a lot in there. Standalone thinking of other cars it probably adds up to more than $5k. If it was all separate I might have skipped on individual pieces but in reality I like everything and moreover I'm happy it's bundled because now I'm not nitpicking on small things to leave out that I would have wanted.
Correct. The 'Luxury Package' for the Lexus IS Turbo, a car that costs $37,825 to start, is an additional $5,320 and includes the following:
  • Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Perforated Leather Interior Trim
  • Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
  • Lexus Memory System
  • Gray Sapele Wood with Aluminum Interior Trim
  • Backup Camera with Dynamic Gridlines
  • Intuitive Parking Assist
  • Rain-Sensing Wipers
  • Power Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Wheel
I believe some of those features come standard on the Model 3, while others are executed differently. For instance, the Autopilot Safety features, backup camera, and Rain-Sensing Wipers (I believe) are standard on every Model 3. But I don't believe the seats are 'ventilated' (air conditioned?) or that the steering wheel 'telescopes' even with the Premium Upgrades Package on Model 3.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
or that the steering wheel 'telescopes' even with the Premium Upgrades Package on Model 3.
the power steering wheel does telescope. I assume it will be with or without the PUP as Tesla delivery event drivers mentioned over many videos that it is controlled with the buttons so they could eliminate any other levers/switches to move the wheel.

ReD eXiLe

Country
Country
I like wood trim just fine, and it would be my first choice by far in the TMS. However, in the 3 w/ no other wood trim to tie in to... a big no-go.

There was a lot of design-detail clunkiness in the very first production Model Ss, too, for example the wood grain going the wrong way. I suspect more wood will tie in about the same time they release the white interior at the end of the year. In which case, I'd be tempted to choose the wood trim over white.

Otherwise, DIY vinyl will be the way to go. Or maybe some zebra print-shag.
To each his own, and stuff... But the complaint about there not being more wood trim in the car reminds me a lot of those who complained about the wood grain in the Model S being vertical originally. Personally, I thought that was a unique touch on the early Signature cars and that it brilliantly fit the 'forward thinking' approach of the interior design. I do not at all like that in current model S cars it conforms to the typical horizontal grain.

That said, I'm not exactly in love with either the Infinite Black Hole/Everlasting Black Night/Eternal Black Pit interior design concept of the initial Model 3 releases either. I would like very much for Tesla to eventually offer other options for interior carpet, something other than the Black, Anthracite, or Gray/Grey they use for the cabin, trunk, and frunk. I am partial to Tan myself, but think that a lighter Gray might appeal to some Customers. And Tesla could always offer a Premium Pristine White as a polar opposite option to those who have no small Children and live where it doesn't rain. :D

tesla_-_login-model3screen-jpg.2826
tesla-model-%E2%98%B0_-_interior-at-unveiling-img_6842-jpg.2828

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's been a while since we saw the first white interior production vehicle. Any news/guesses on when the white and tan interiors become available? Even for those who are going for the long-range, first-production vehicles, this might be a pretty important deal that's worth the wait.

I like tan the more I think about it - the elegance of white, with a slightly lower maintenance. But unfortunately I haven't see any in person.

John Slaby

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's been a while since we saw the first white interior production vehicle. Any news/guesses on when the white and tan interiors become available? Even for those who are going for the long-range, first-production vehicles, this might be a pretty important deal that's worth the wait.

I like tan the more I think about it - the elegance of white, with a slightly lower maintenance. But unfortunately I haven't see any in person.
At this point, white is the only interior option (other than black) that has been committed to, which according to the FAQ is going to be made available in the fall of 2017. This would correspond to early non-owner customer deliveries. If the roll-out of additional options is gradual, as Elon has indicated it will be to support the ramp up to high-volume production, we might not see other colors for some time.

I originally wanted tan as well, but once I saw it was unlikely to be available during early production, I started looking more at white. I have to say, I've really come to prefer white over tan, and I have heard it is quite easy to maintain, being really stain resistant and durable.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
At this point, white is the only interior option (other than black) that has been committed to, which according to the FAQ is going to be made available in the fall of 2017. This would correspond to early non-owner customer deliveries. If the roll-out of additional options is gradual, as Elon has indicated it will be to support the ramp up to high-volume production, we might not see other colors for some time.

I originally wanted tan as well, but once I saw it was unlikely to be available during early production, I started looking more at white. I have to say, I've really come to prefer white over tan, and I have heard it is quite easy to maintain, being really stain resistant and durable.
Thanks! I really love the white, having seen it in person. With a kid, I know the tan is going to be a teeny-tiny bit less stain-prone than the white. But if it's not going to be available with the first production run, then never mind. Would've been wonderful with a red exterior.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Cream replaced the tan when they moved from genuine leather to synthetic leather. So “if” it’s offered, it will likely be cream, not tan.
Damn it! I meant 'cream' not 'tan'. Sorry, guys! It's only Tuesday and my brain is fried already.

mkg3

Country
Country
To each his own, and stuff... But the complaint about there not being more wood trim in the car reminds me a lot of those who complained about the wood grain in the Model S being vertical originally. Personally, I thought that was a unique touch on the early Signature cars and that it brilliantly fit the 'forward thinking' approach of the interior design. I do not at all like that in current model S cars it conforms to the typical horizontal grain....

View attachment 2826 View attachment 2828
Thanks for posting side-by-side image of alpha vs production interiors. Perhaps its the photo perspective difference between the two but the size of the steering wheel is significantly different. Also the wheel itself is a different form factor. I prefer the alpha version but it is what it is...

Also, the seat is different too. The production seats remind me of XC90 Volvo seats I used to have years ago. The alpha seats are like Model S seats.

Last, as for the wood grain, I'm not a fan of dark wood inserts - real or simulated. That said, my Jaguar has a nice birds-eye maple and I do like that grain and tan color....

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country

Saw a blue Model X with the cream interior. It was stunning and will be my configuration when the time comes...assuming it's available.

Dan

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This video shows using both left & right wheels to adjust the steering wheel. I assume one controls tilt and the other controls telescope.

Correct. When you switch to the mirrors each wheel controls one side. There's also a headlight adjustment function that uses the scroll wheels

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have said before I want to keep an open mind on the wood trim and see it in person first, but in your mock-up pictures I like each option!!

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I mocked up some idea on alternatives to the light wood veneer on the dashboard (and also made the silver trim dark)

Piano black

dark brushed metal

light brushed metal

carbon fiber

and finally, still wood, but dark and glossy
Nice!! Any chance you can repeat and leave the trim silver? Many may want the silver accents with a different insert treatment. (Some of us born in the 50’s/60’s still like a little bling ;))

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It looks like a sea of grayish black sadness. Totally devoid of any color or feeling, I'm suddenly reliving days behind the iron curtain that I never knew.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
It looks like a sea of grayish black sadness. Totally devoid of any color or feeling, I'm suddenly reliving days behind the iron curtain that I never knew.
Even the ‘dark & glossy’ last option?? Seems like that for sure would add warmth to the interior... :cool:

Model34mePlease

Country
Country
I have said before I want to keep an open mind on the wood trim and see it in person first, but in your mock-up pictures I like each option!!
I, personally, think the wood looks pretty good and adds some warmth to what is otherwise a pretty stark monochrome dashboard (other than the screen). I'll be interested in seeing what they do in the light color interior if it is released before I get to configure.