Interior cleaning

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Stringcheese

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Has anyone been using any products on the interior with success? I've always just used armor-all and a vacuum... might put a little more love into this one! More specifically- what has anyone used to clean the black matte dash material? Any recommendations for the cloth headliner? What about the faux-leather seats?

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Has anyone been using any products on the interior with success? I've always just used armor-all and a vacuum... might put a little more love into this one! More specifically- what has anyone used to clean the black matte dash material? Any recommendations for the cloth headliner? What about the faux-leather seats?
I use Detailer’s Pride Total Interior Cleaner applied to a microfiber towel and it works nicely on all surfaces. Easily removes any kick (scuff) marks from doors, glovebox, back of seats, etc! Then I just vaccuum the carpets with my Dyson hand vaccuum.

http://www.odonnellsautoparts.com/d...al-interior-cleaner-32oz-1-quart-part-dp-340/

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What are you using to clean the touchscreen?
I haven't tackled that yet and it's finger print city. Not a full 6 week's worth as I did peel off the screen protector that was on it from the factory. I need to double check if the Total Interior Cleaner is safe on the screen.

Stringcheese

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What are you using to clean the touchscreen?
So far I have just been using a clean microfiber glasses cloth and it cleans it to perfection!

I use Detailer’s Pride Total Interior Cleaner applied to a microfiber towel and it works nicely on all surfaces. Easily removes any kick (scuff) marks from doors, glovebox, back of seats, etc! Then I just vaccuum the carpets with my Dyson hand vaccuum.

http://www.odonnellsautoparts.com/d...al-interior-cleaner-32oz-1-quart-part-dp-340/
Perfect! Thanks! I'll definitely be checking this out

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Would it be better if I kept that plastic screen protector on for as long as possible? (My grandparents would be so proud). Is there any reason to warrant removing it?
It's soft. It will look dull. It will scratch.
Whereas your screen, designed to be touched, will not scratch.
Go pull it off right now. We'll wait here while you do it.

Go on.

theishu

Dream Car Unlocked
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It's soft. It will look dull. It will scratch.
Whereas your screen, designed to be touched, will not scratch.
Go pull it off right now. We'll wait here while you do it.

Go on.
I wish I could. Still waiting for my VIN :(

PaulK

Country
Country
I have found a camera lens cleaning solution (like ROR or similar) works well. Just a squirt or two on a microfiber towel or lens cleaning cloth, and wipe.

This stuff is designed to break down oil from your hands so it makes quick work of cleaning screens.

Paul

Jason Bourne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I got my car coated at Pristine, Mike provided me a nice gift bag of cleaning products. In it was this quick detailer. He said you can use it (with a good quality microfiber cloth) on anything except glass. So far so good. Just make sure you dilute it to the correct ratio.