Interior & cargo space assessment

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still say this car far exceeds the 15CF cargo area Tesla quotes.

by measurements people have reported and math on the conservative side, the main trunk 17cf and the lower trunk bin and frunk each 2cf for at least 21cf
still waiting on someone to see how many packing peanuts they can fit in each area ;)

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I still say this car far exceeds the 15CF cargo area Tesla quotes.

by measurements people have reported and math on the conservative side, the main trunk 17cf and the lower trunk bin and frunk each 2cf for at least 21cf
still waiting on someone to see how many packing peanuts they can fit in each area ;)
I don’t know if many cars had design flaws like my Kia Optima, but the trunk hinges swung inward to the trunk on that car, completely taking up the supposed space I had there! (Here is a pic from a quick google search)

I completely agree about the space...that car claimed 15.4cf. No. Just no. Two big luggage tops, pressed together in the middle in order to be able to close the trunk, then other luggage in the back seat, lol.

Edit: anyone have a bulk deal on packing peanuts? ;)

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
And here is a slightly different and/or complementary assessment by Kim from LikeTesla on YouTube...

Like these little fun facts (‘Did you know?’) that pop up throughout the video... :)

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can somebody with a Model 3 get me a quick interior measurement?

I was wondering about overall usable/shoulder width, Driver Door panel below window to Passenger Door panel.

I know there are specs listed online, but real world dimensions are often a bit different. Thanks in advance!