Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Interesting article on the Nissan Leaf

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bobby Garrity 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This article highlights one of the current problems with the "for profit" charging situation: they can charge whatever they want and in some cases the prices are equal if not more than gasoline. I fell with enough competitive pressure in the future the prices will come down and stabilize but don't count on "free" charging like what Supercharging used to be (even though it was never really free).

#3 ·
I agree that competition will bring down prices. Hopefully that is :) The article also highlighted the importance of investing in a larger battery IF you are planning to use your EV for longer distances. The article would have been a completely different read if it was a Tesla just stopping for 30 minutes in Montreal before heading off to Quebec City.

#4 ·
Where I live I pay $20 a month for unlimited quick charging and level 2 Charging through Aerovironment which is very convenient since they are almost always available and not occupied. When I go to Portland it will cost me .49 kWh to charge, so I guess it all depends where you live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.