Instant VIN?

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just went back into “MyTesla” and I have a VIN 30 minutes after configuring.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Did it change again?

This must be a good sign for speedy delivery right?

I’m freaking out right now (sorry)!
Wait a minute, invite today? You can't leave us hanging like that. Need your whole story.

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I just went back into “MyTesla” and I have a VIN 30 minutes after configuring.

Did that happen to anyone else?

Did it change again?

This must be a good sign for speedy delivery right?

I’m freaking out right now (sorry)!
So what is the VIN?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So what is the VIN?
Rather not share just in case, but it’s close to 6000.

That's just wrong. I configured 20 days ago and still no VIN.

Congrats though!!!!!
Thanks! Must just be the luck of the draw that I picked a combo that they have a surplus on...?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's cool. Close to 6000 is great news. People in the spreadsheet are entering vins like 38xx. Right now the highest VIn in the db is
474x - so yours would definitely help the extrapolation cause
Ahh forgot about that. Ill check it out and share!

mjgillen

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
S - inside sales has already emailed me, so this is officially moving fast!
I’m new to the forum so apologies if this is old news but what is “inside sales”, what are the expected steps after you configure, and why is this “moving fast”?

Exciting stuff!

Michael

mig

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@SoFlaModel3, where does the VIN appear on your MyTesla page (or is the order still under your relative's Tesla account?)
Is the RN replaced with a VIN?

Thanks!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m new to the forum so apologies if this is old news but what is “inside sales”, what are the expected steps after you configure, and why is this “moving fast”?

Exciting stuff!

Michael
After you configure a VIN is assigned to you. It seems like many are waiting 2-3 weeks for this, which is clearly fine as Tesla advises a 4 week delivery estimate.

I started the thread because my VIN appeared after 30 minutes.

Basically there are a few steps...

1. Configure the car (pick color, wheels, autopilot, or full self drive — otherwise you’re waiting for “something else”)
  2. Pay for the $2,500 additional deposit (at this point your order is in)
  3. Provide registration information (name and address)
  4. Provide a delivery zip code
  5. Provide drivers license info and a copy front and back
  6. Provide insurance info and a copy
  7. Select payment method (cash, loan, outside loan)
  8. Select trade in
  9. Then you wait for your VIN and an inside sales associate reaches out to work with you — I received an email and called him and left a voicemail / returned his email
So that’s as far as I got, but next steps would be working through trade in and loan. I will be exploring both through Tesla and outside of Tesla. Then arranging for delivery when the car arrives!

B704B3E8-6E75-42B4-BD00-7E044E1C0D98.jpeg

@SoFlaModel3, where does the VIN appear on your MyTesla page (or is the order still under your relative's Tesla account?)
Is the RN replaced with a VIN?

Thanks!
Here you go and to add to the sceeenshots, though the car is on my dad’s account the registration information is all in my name. Once I take possession they’ll shift the car back to my email address and I’ll have the app functioning without issue.

70373823-2810-4F8A-A44F-68E86C76C38E.jpeg 6B83D464-ED40-403B-8B84-F255404AED91.jpeg

Last edited:

MyBluBu

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing! I just got 2 invites today also. One will be holding for dual motor, but will configure one now and we are debating Midnight Silver or Blue - want a 2018 VIN and were curious how far along each color was and chances of getting 2017 vs 2018 VIN based on our color choice.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks for sharing! I just got 2 invites today also. One will be holding for dual motor, but will configure one now and we are debating Midnight Silver or Blue - want a 2018 VIN and were curious how far along each color was and chances of getting 2017 vs 2018 VIN based on our color choice.
I don’t think you can go solely on my VIN, but I believe there were 2,500 2017 VINs and mind is just shy of 6,000 so definitely a 2018 VIN.

PS go with Midnight Silver :cool:

MyBluBu

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I don’t think you can go solely on my VIN, but I believe there were 2,500 2017 VINs and mind is just shy of 6,000 so definitely a 2018 VIN.

PS go with Midnight Silver :cool:
LOL - Just pulled the trigger on Blue ;) We were so set on the Midnight Silver for the past year and up to the last minute and hadn't even considered blue. We were vacillating between Midnight Silver and Multi-Coat White. We had a dolphin grey Model S and loved that color, which was a little lighter than the Midnight Silver. While configuring, we happened to look at a few pics of delivered M3s and the blue just caught our eye, so we did a last minute switch to blue. - Just finished entering everything and paying the deposit - waiting on the VIN now - hoping for a 2018! :D