Informal Range Poll: Uncovered Aero vs. Sport

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Which wheel/tire combo is most efficient overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

As a result, a lot of the biggest improvements in LRR tire design have come from optimizing the materials and construction techniques, especially in the sidewall, to reduce these parasitic energy losses.
Bulge itself is not a reason for energy loss. LRR tires have very thin sidewall. Bending those walls results in very little friction in rubber itself (due to not a lot of material in the first place).

We were talking about dimensions, so I meant tire sidewall size has little to do with rolling efficiency. And I mean sidewall height not thickness:laughing:

Mad Hungarian

Resident TOO Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Bulge itself is not a reason for energy loss. LRR tires have very thin sidewall. Bending those walls results in very little friction in rubber itself (due to not a lot of material in the first place).

We were talking about dimensions, so I meant tire sidewall size has little to do with rolling efficiency. And I mean sidewall height not thickness:laughing:
Ahhhh, that's a different matter, and here we agree again. Thanks for the clarification.

jman

Considering the amount of time Tesla spent on designing the aero rims, one would think that they are more efficient and give more range. Why are big rigs now putting the aero style rims on their trucks for long hauls, efficiency, and ultimately saving $$$....
I think there are and will be better looking rims than the current 19" ones. The cyclone rims on my S are really nice.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Considering the amount of time Tesla spent on designing the aero rims, one would think that they are more efficient and give more range. Why are big rigs now putting the aero style rims on their trucks for long hauls, efficiency, and ultimately saving $$$....
I think there are and will be better looking rims than the current 19" ones. The cyclone rims on my S are really nice.
I’m partial to the 19” sport as that’s what I went with. I’ve seen the Aeros in person and was not a big fan. Without the covers they’re alright though.