Illinois EL plates.......and renewal cost....?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

VoltageDrop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just got my Illinois EL plates in the mail today.......however....I noticed that the renewal registration cost says it will be $122 dollars....is that correct?!? I though that an EL plate registration renewal was A LOT less than that and renewal was every 2 years?? Do I need to contact Tesla or the secretary of state??

VoltageDrop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I haven't looked into it yet....was going to deal with it (I guess) when it came closer to renewing.......I am not sure why it is like that as the plates are clearly "EL" plates....

VoltageDrop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Reviving an old thread to vent a bit.....Crook-linois sent me the renewal registration today for the model 3.......It contained a letter stating that moving forward the price will now be $251 dollars per YEAR....(they proposed an annual renewal of $1000 per year initially!!!!!)......so it looks like we are being penalized for driving a greener vehicle rather than rewarded for doing so (I would think the lack of exhaust fumes....oil changes.....etc.....(environmental benefits) would have offset any greed grabs).........ridiculous to say the least.......the greed that this state portrays is really beyond belief....soon enough they will tax us for the volume of air we breathe too.....