If your question is did I drive a Model 3 tonight the answer is...

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes!!!!! :p

@RiggerJon could be the nicest person ever. I didn't ask to drive it nor did I expect to drive it, but he pulled over and had me drive it. The problem right now is that it's hard to type with such a big Tesla grin on my face right now.

Driving wise, it's nothing short of awesome from the acceleration to road holding around a curve. The visibility is amazing. The screen is not distracting at all and immediately feels right. Not only that, it's slick -- very responsive and well thought out. The premium sound system is amazing as well. The drive feels perfect with 19s. The white is stunning (makes it hard on my previously locked in decision on Midnight Silver). I told Jon as he dropped me back off at my hotel -- this probably made the remaining wait harder ;)

Some pics!

img_0347-copy-jpg.4281
img_0346-jpg.4282
img_0348-jpg.4283
img_0349-jpg.4284

Last edited:

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One more thought on this given the night to reflect. I reserved 3/31/2016 as many of you did. I first saw the Model 3 in person on 11/9/2017 and of course drove it last night for the first time.

For me, I know often when a wait is involved I can start to build something up in my mind to be bigger or better than it is and ultimately end up disappointed.

Well let me tell you, if you share that fear — fear not. It’s even better than you could imagine. I am hard pressed to see why anyone would select a BMW 3, Audi A4, or Mercedes C after driving this car!

Yes the remaining wait will be tough and now feel longer :eek:

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Yes!!!!! :p

@RiggerJon could be the nicest person ever. I didn't ask to drive it nor did I expect to drive it, but he pulled over and had me drive it. The problem right now is that it's hard to type with such a big Tesla grin on my face right now.

Driving wise, it's nothing short of awesome from the acceleration to road holding around a curve. The visibility is amazing. The screen is not distracting at all and immediately feels right. Not only that, it's slick -- very responsive and well thought out. The premium sound system is amazing as well. The drive feels perfect with 19s. The white is stunning (makes it hard on my previously locked in decision on Midnight Silver). I told Jon as he dropped me back off at my hotel -- this probably made the remaining wait harder ;)

Some pics!

View attachment 4281 View attachment 4282 View attachment 4283 View attachment 4284
Great, now I don't have to worry about meeting up and letting you drive mine!:D

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It should be like the guy in line ahead of you at the coffee drivethru paying for your drink... you pick up the next person's order.
So... you get a current owner letting you drive their car, when you get your own, you pass the favor on to someone else ;)
(for this reason, I will not be driving anyone else's new car, except maybe Tesla's demos. I don't want someone driving my 10 year old car, let alone my 10 day old car!)

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yup, what these dogs lack in size, they make up for in beauty! ;)
Well, what do you know! The wife and I are headed to _____, Florida right around _____!! Maybe I'll hit you up and take @SoFlaModel3 place!

(Note: @danzgator fill in the first blank with your city, and the second with a date in which you will have your Model 3) :D

Last edited:

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For me, I know often when a wait is involved I can start to build something up in my mind to be bigger or better than it is and ultimately end up disappointed.
Well let me tell you, if you share that fear — fear not. It’s even better than you could imagine.
My mind works the same way, so this is great to hear!

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I am hard pressed to see why anyone would select a BMW 3, Audi A4, or Mercedes C after driving this car!
Because for many of us, the tolerance for waiting is diminishing. If Tesla can't get me a car during the alleged "Jan-Mar" (previously Dec-Feb) window, (or at least actually communicate and do something to give me a TINY bit of confidence that they're capable of delivering CLOSE to the window), I may just give up and go get an A4 with traffic jam assist. Every additional day I wait is a day I could have been improving my life by driving something else that can relieve my commute stress.

Would I prefer the Model 3? Obviously. But Tesla's absolutely screwing the pooch on this ramp-up and I'm not going to wait forever. It's a shame I didn't like the Model S enough to actually buy one after all my test drives and trying to talk myself into one, I could have saved myself a hell of a lot of strain.

Bryan@Peachstate Detail

TOO Advertiser
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
One more thought on this given the night to reflect. I reserved 3/31/2016 as many of you did. I first saw the Model 3 in person on 11/9/2017 and of course drove it last night for the first time.

Well let me tell you, if you share that fear — fear not. It’s even better than you could imagine. I am hard pressed to see why anyone would select a BMW 3, Audi A4, or Mercedes C after driving this car!

Yes the remaining wait will be tough and now feel longer :eek:
I fully agree! Last BMW I had was a 2011 335is back in '13/14 for about 8 months. The Model 3 reminds me of the tight handling of that car. Current Non M BMWs are a joke handling wise compared to the Model 3.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would I prefer the Model 3? Obviously. But Tesla's absolutely screwing the pooch on this ramp-up
So far, it appears that Tesla is 1 month behind their estimates. The Model S and Roadsters where a year late, and the Model X was almost two years late. They've come a long way.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So far, it appears that Tesla is 1 month behind their estimates. The Model S and Roadsters where a year late, and the Model X was almost two years late. They've come a long way.
I think the appearance is very, very deceiving . I personally don't expect to see an invite to configure within my delivery window, let alone the actual delivery, unless the tax credit is cancelled and enough people ahead of me cancel or defer until later configurations become available, which isn't a success by Tesla like fixing the production rate would be.

I don't think we're going to see production rate break 2k/month until February, and they might start inviting the very earliest non-owners in late January or early February if we're lucky. Plebes like me who didn't reserve until later that evening won't probably see our cars until early summer.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Because for many of us, the tolerance for waiting is diminishing. If Tesla can't get me a car during the alleged "Jan-Mar" (previously Dec-Feb) window, (or at least actually communicate and do something to give me a TINY bit of confidence that they're capable of delivering CLOSE to the window), I may just give up and go get an A4 with traffic jam assist. Every additional day I wait is a day I could have been improving my life by driving something else that can relieve my commute stress.

Would I prefer the Model 3? Obviously. But Tesla's absolutely screwing the pooch on this ramp-up and I'm not going to wait forever. It's a shame I didn't like the Model S enough to actually buy one after all my test drives and trying to talk myself into one, I could have saved myself a hell of a lot of strain.
That's a fair point of course. I guess I was speaking theoretically. For instance if you need a car today and don't have a reservation, it's a moot point.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's a fair point of course. I guess I was speaking theoretically. For instance if you need a car today and don't have a reservation, it's a moot point.
Even if the 3 were readily available, there are plenty of reasons not to buy one over competing vehicles. The one that comes to mind? Even though I'm very excited for the car, I am going to be in constant fear of someone hitting it because I don't want to have the car sit in a body shop for 6 months while waiting for Elon to send roses to the right person to get the part needed to fix the car or whatever the hell is going on on that front. It's a complete shambles and they should be ashamed. It's bad *now*, I can't even freaking imagine how bad it's going to be in a year.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Even if the 3 were readily available, there are plenty of reasons not to buy one over competing vehicles. The one that comes to mind? Even though I'm very excited for the car, I am going to be in constant fear of someone hitting it because I don't want to have the car sit in a body shop for 6 months while waiting for Elon to send roses to the right person to get the part needed to fix the car or whatever the hell is going on on that front. It's a complete shambles and they should be ashamed. It's bad *now*, I can't even freaking imagine how bad it's going to be in a year.
Yes I plan on not having anything hit the car -- wrap it in bubble wrap maybe ;)