If it is not broken don't fix it

Steam613

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Pioneers get slaughtered so settlers can get rich. Someone please tell me any vehicle that has the kind of pre release wait list as the M3? This is an exceptional product even if it is garbage. The exception is that there is such interest over such an unknown. Really, I would tell the naysayers to drop their deposit. Hold onto your current vehicle. Wait for the market demand to be met and all your questions answered. Get your test drive when the dealerships have inventory. Wait for Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, etc to review, then if you want; purchase the vehicle. I don't understand the translation of making a voluntary/refundable reservation into an entitlement to know all things Tesla. There were 270 car models available in the US in 2008 (statista.com). There are plenty of choices. Like all I welcome, invite, and crave all the data I can get on the M3, thus my presence here. But I have no illusion that I am owed any. Even as a share holder I only expect what is given at the quarterly report as required by the SEC. Not even Maye has sway over privilege with Tesla. Why should we?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I assure that was not a combative response. I presented each argument as a question. Questions are not accusations.
You were certainly gentle in your questioning. But the act of asking the question implied that the OP had motives for what they posted. It's known as appeal to motive. Maybe you didn't mean it in that way, but it came across that way.

We just need to be more careful about how we react when new members describe perceived drawbacks. He had many valid concerns about the car. It's a very expensive car, and people who haven't yet "drank the koolaid" like us are going to need a little hand-holding, and maybe gentle persuasion to make them see that the differences are ok. And sometimes, we just have to acknowledge that this car may not work for them. But above all else, continue to be friendly.

hdgmedic

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's one of the problems with social media and a lack of patience: You can post all kinds of stuff that makes you look silly just days or weeks later. Some may not see it that way. That is all I have been seeing (on all social media sites), lately

Steam613

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
You were certainly gentle in your questioning. But the act of asking the question implied that the OP had motives for what they posted. It's known as appeal to motive. Maybe you didn't mean it in that way, but it came across that way.

We just need to be more careful about how we react when new members describe perceived drawbacks. He had many valid concerns about the car. It's a very expensive car, and people who haven't yet "drank the koolaid" like us are going to need a little hand-holding, and maybe gentle persuasion to make them see that the differences are ok. And sometimes, we just have to acknowledge that this car may not work for them. But above all else, continue to be friendly.
Well if I am going to have sociopathic behavior at least it has a name. Thanks for the guidance.

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A good bit of the value of a community like this is that you can air your gripes and concerns and get some perspective from others. Along with that you get some emotion—depending on what's going on in the author's personal life—but we're all used to that by now.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
A good bit of the value of a community like this is that you can air your gripes and concerns and get some perspective from others. Along with that you get some emotion—depending on what's going on in the author's personal life—but we're all used to that by now.
Oh shut the hell up! We don't show any f'ing emotion here! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!

Oh wait...nevermind. I'll go take my meds now.

Have a great day. ;)

Dan

EVfusion

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Thank you @evelectricity - I have found this thread quite useful. I too had some of the concerns expressed although I disagree with the basic premise, "if it is not broken don't fix it" (there's always room for change and improvement). But one should not make an investment of $35,000 ++ with important unanswered questions or even just nagging doubts. The answers given I found very useful, informative and quite reaffirming of my decision to reserve the Model 3. They also provided some ammunition for responding to some of my nay-saying friends. @RiggerJon 's first hand experience nicely addressed some questions. And some of the comparisons with other cars (Aston Martin door handles, Prius display, etc. etc.) provided great background information.