Idea: iOS 12 Shortcuts Integration with Tesla App

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Golden Gate

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That being said, my experience has been these API Shortcuts don't do a very good job of waking the car up. So if the car is awake, they work perfectly. If the car is asleep, maybe eventually they will work, but I've normally just opened the Tesla app and used it instead.
That hits the nail on the head... just deleted the shortcuts and will wait for Tesla to build the integration (which used to exist?) ... the shortcuts don't work unless the car is already awake, and if it's awake I really don't need the shortcuts.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The shortcut work for a while then suddenly I have this error message, “conversion error get dictionary value failed because shortcuts couldn't convert from text to dictionary”
I'm not sure if you ever found the answer to this, but I decided to play with the shortcuts a little tonight. First thing I did after opening one of the downloaded shortcuts was to add my ID and Password. I DID IT WRONG. In the second box down where it said tesla_email - I replaced that with my email. That is the mistake. That second box is setting a variable from the first text input box. So make sure and not to replace any of the text in the fields, but where is says Tesla_email and Tesla_password, enter your information in the box above that. It will take what you enter as text and save as the variable being defined in the next box. Mine are working now as long as the car is awake. If it is asleep though I get nothing.

StevePopiel

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So maybe I'm missing something, but what the hell good are these shortcuts if you've got to wake the car up anyway to use them? The point is to be able to raise your phone or watch and ask Siri to run the shortcut, not open your phone, open the app, and wake up the car first, right?

Country
Country
So maybe I'm missing something, but what the hell good are these shortcuts if you've got to wake the car up anyway to use them? The point is to be able to raise your phone or watch and ask Siri to run the shortcut, not open your phone, open the app, and wake up the car first, right?
The shortcut itself will wake the car up. If you ask Siri what your charge level is (for example), if the car is asleep it will wake up and then Siri will tell you the charge level. You just have to issue the one command - you don’t have to issue a separate wake-up command.

StevePopiel

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The shortcut itself will wake the car up. If you ask Siri what your charge level is (for example), if the car is asleep it will wake up and then Siri will tell you the charge level. You just have to issue the one command - you don’t have to issue a separate wake-up command.
Not on my car, either on Wifi or cellular. Nothing works unless I wake the car up first via the app.