ICE's go VROOM! and EV's go...???

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was just imagining a few years from now EV's are much more common on the road, and I'm reading a planes, trains, and automobiles book to kid. Now you gotta make the obligatory car sounds with kids, except... errr... what sound DO electric cars make? I can't exactly go "vroom vroom!" anymore. :p

For that matter, I have trouble just describing the sound any EV makes! Any suggestions? (And don't say silence, that's cheating!) :D

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I was just imagining a few years from now EV's are much more common on the road, and I'm reading a planes, trains, and automobiles book to kid. Now you gotta make the obligatory car sounds with kids, except... errr... what sound DO electric cars make? I can't exactly go "vroom vroom!" anymore. :p

For that matter, I have trouble just describing the sound any EV makes! Any suggestions? (And don't say silence, that's cheating!) :D
Best I have is some kind of tire hum :)

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Best I have is some kind of tire hum :)
Lol EV's go hmmmmmmm....! I'm especially stumped by how to describe the acceleration of a Tesla. There is a very distinct higher-pitched hum that I think sounds like the Millennium Falcon going into hyperdrive.

Shhhhhhhh (its quiet in here).....lol
*Crickets* :p

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I remember that's how one automotive journalist described the Nissan Leaf's sound when accelerating.