I10 Corridor Through Southwest Texas?

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Is anyone aware of any specific problems associated with expanding the Supercharger network along the I10 corridor from San Antonio to Tuscon? It seems like a gaping hole in the accessibility of East/West connections along that extreme southern route. According to supercharge.info they appear to have one under construction in Juction, TX now but that is the first development in a long time along that route. Any info?

Thanks,

Dan

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think they are working west out of the larger Texas cities.
Of the last 20 Superchargers to open in the US, 20% have been in Texas, so they are getting there.
I've not traveled long distance on I-10, but have gone across most of West Texas on I-20, and can tell you it is a lot of fields and oil rigs (thanks Lady Bird Johnson for the wild flowers!) and not much else for hous at a stretch.

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I think they are working west out of the larger Texas cities.
Of the last 20 Superchargers to open in the US, 20% have been in Texas, so they are getting there.
I've not traveled long distance on I-10, but have gone across most of West Texas on I-20, and can tell you it is a lot of fields and oil rigs (thanks Lady Bird Johnson for the wild flowers!) and not much else for hous at a stretch.
I certainly understand the remoteness, it just seems to be a pretty important link connecting the country's southernmost cities.

It really does make it a lot tougher, when, basically, no infrastructure (exits, buildings, power) exists. It is a very lonely stretch of road.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Indeed, according to Teslarati (see pic), there is a SC under construction in Junction, TX (wrong pictogram - it shows as T≡SLA Store) then only destination chargers, 1 at à Best Western in Pecos then one in El Paso, at Cutter Aviation... not much, certainly compared to SC availability on I40, passing through Oklahoma and New Mexico... Looks like something they'd fix by the time Model ≡ is out! :)
By the way, trust y'all know the Teslarati app, from which I took this pic, and which I checked in 20 pics around Houston, while there the lad that ten days?
Have a nice Sunday! :)

Attachments