I Installed a Deadrest Foot Pedal: What Ya Think?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice, that looks like a much better match to the brake/gas pedal than the others I've seen online in the US. The one from Taptes has the rubber inserts for the vertical pattern, compared to the others with what looks like non slip textured tape for the vertical pattern. Waiting for mine as well.

Did the Taptes dead pedal come with usable double sided tape on the back side?

Last edited:

TheMagician

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited:

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is it made of metal or plastic? The page for the accelerator/brake pedals mentions stainless steel, but the page for the dead pedal doesn't specify.

Jaywlker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice, that looks like a much better match to the brake/gas pedal than the others I've seen online in the US. The one from Taptes has the rubber inserts for the vertical pattern, compared to the others with what looks like non slip textured tape for the vertical pattern. Waiting for mine as well.

Did the Taptes dead pedal come with usable double sided tape on the back side?
It actually has cutouts in the metal that allow for the existing rubber that is already on the deadpedal footrest to position the aluminum cover on. The existing rubber ridges poke through the aluminum cover. It has five runs of double-sided 3M tape that run between the rubber ridges from the top to the bottom of the footrest. Once I had it positioned right, it felt secure and sturdy, like it was meant to be there.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It seems to probably be stainless steel. Probably not actually aluminum. But definitely not plastic.
Nice! One more question. Does the plate sit flat enough against the dead pedal that the 4 hard plastic ridges actually protrude above the plate through the channels or are they just level with the plate?
I ask as the protruding rubber strips on the accelerator and brake provide foot friction and protect the stainless steel plate from wear as your foot doesn’t contact it.

Jaywlker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Nice! One more question. Does the plate sit flat enough against the dead pedal that the 4 hard plastic ridges actually protrude above the plate through the channels or are they just level with the plate?
I ask as the protruding rubber strips on the accelerator and brake provide foot friction and protect the stainless steel plate from wear as your foot doesn’t contact it.
The rubber ridges are probably about 1/8th inch beyond the surface of the metal footrest. The sole of my shoe grips nicely on them.

Karl Sun

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That looksl ike brushed aluminum? Keep in mnd that you NEVER want any of those pedals to be slippery such as when wet, oily, etc. A smooth, polished surface is the worst to have.

TheMagician

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ordered 02/09, received 02/23. Nice quality. Brake cover replaces the original rubber one. Accelerator goes over the plastic pedal, nothing to replace. The dead pedal is a little on the thin side and arrived bent. Was able to pretty much bend it back flat but the double sided tape doesn’t have much stick (it was 60 in my garage plus I heated it up with heat gun). Will probably end up pulling it back off and apply 3M heavy duty tape. All in all though, especially for $44 shipped, very happy (and yes, agree with Jaywlker, appears to be stainless steel).

909bb913-f187-43ea-91fa-938acb263ca3-jpeg.22386
671b0e61-fb19-4cce-bd0d-0f92486cb786-jpeg.22387
c2c70bab-1373-4924-ab6d-83e9aacc1b41-jpeg.22388

sakaike

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just received and installed this item and am happy with the purchase. For anyone thinking about purchasing, please note: The item ships from China in a soft, padded envelope, not a box. During transit, it can get tossed around quite a bit. Mine was a little bowed out when I received it. Consequently, before installing, I bent it back (carefully) to make it as flat as possible, so that the tape would adhere properly along the entire length of the existing plastic dead pedal.

You will use the ridges on the existing dead pedal to make sure the new one is properly aligned. There will be a small gap along the right side that curves around the side of the existing pedal. So don't try to align by pressing the right side up against the existing footrest. If you do, the ridges won't align with the slots. I noticed this when doing a dry fit before pulling the tape protection off.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got mine a couple days ago (2 weeks from order). It is probably the best dead pedal option out there right now, and only $25 shipped! The cutouts for the ridges are not exact, but good enough where it’s not noticeable. My main concern was the metal finish matching my other two pedals from Top Fit, which they do! Highly recommended!
6c8673df-ad3d-44b3-a0db-147a459110ba-jpeg.22681

DarkNRG

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nice. I have the top fit pedals too, so my ride will look just like that. I ordered on the 16th. The dead pedal hit JFK on the 25th so I'm looking forward to delivery soon.