I have found out kids know a Tesla when they see one.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Gregrt

Country
Country
Anyone else notice how kids seem to love Teslas? In a trip last week I was super charging out side of New Orleans ( There needs to be SC in NOLA), and a car pulled up and the kids jumped out and walked over to my car. I was walking back from grabbing a smoothie and the parents said the kids went wild when they saw a Tesla at the "Tesla gas station". I answered questions and let the kids have their picture in the driver seat of my MS. Back home in Memphis I have had teens stop by to look and take pictures with the car. Also driving through school zones at lunch, I hear "TESLA".

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, same. Kids get it. I get a lot of thumbs up when driving by younger drivers. Last week, had one roll down his window at a red light and start asking questions. EV's are the future and Teslas are sleek, stylish and high tech. It makes me glad to see the interest and excitement in the next generation of drivers.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Somehow we got on the subject of gas stations with our four year old granddaughter and she said, "Grampy's Tesla doesn't need gas. It uses electricity". I've never told her that nor has she ever seen me charging the car.

Of course, her favorite aspect of the car is the Emissions Testing Mode. So much so that it's her euphemism for passing gas. :)

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not just kids. My daughter is 26 and had friends visit from up north. They partied in downtown St. Pete, went to the beach, ate at nice restaurants, and I took them out on the boat. But when they got home, they texted my daughter that the highlight of their trip was Mr. Spacely self-driving them around the neighborhood...

PEIEVGUY

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My coworkers son absolutely screams when he sees a Tesla on the road, which still rare here in PEI. I’m going to give him a test ride soon. Apparently he can spot one from very far away. I’ve told his mother that he’s one of us, he just doesn’t have a car yet haha.

Also I’ve noticed that many of the Sentry Mode events involve kids, usually they are the ones pulling their parents towards the car.

JWardell

TOO Master Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely. Around Boston Tesla’s are no big deal, they don’t get any comments or a second look from people.
but when I check my sentry mode recordings, I often see kids looking and walking around the car, making comments to their parents that are ignored.
Gives me a lot of hope for our future!

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s the older adults I generally spend time explaining things to
Yep, they're the ones from whom I hear comments about "long tailpipe", "elitist/smug/tree-hugger car", "aren't you worried about being stranded somewhere when you run out of juice?" and "aren't you worried about Tesla going out of business?".

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yep, they're the ones from whom I hear comments about "long tailpipe", "elitist/smug/tree-hugger car", "aren't you worried about being stranded somewhere when you run out of juice?" and "aren't you worried about Tesla going out of business?".
Funny. I might be an elitist, but not a tree-hugger. And don't these older folks remember Chrysler and GM both being bailed out?

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There's one elementary school bus stop I drive by in the morning, and if my commute timing is right and the kids are there, there's a radar lock of about 5 pairs of eyes watching me drive past, sometimes accompanied by some finger pointing. The first time I think was day 1 of school, so all the parents were with their kids as well. As mentioned elsewhere, the parents tended not to pay much attention.

My teenage son says he gets lots of comments from his peers after I've dropped him off somewhere with a lot of other kids around to watch, and has even mentioned that his friends think it's very cool that he's now driving a Chevy Volt. His "needing" wheels was my excuse to upgrade to the Tesla.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same here. There are only two Tesla’s that roll into my children’s elementary school (my 3) and a neighbor of mine (X). It’s always surreal to park and wait for my children and see kids as young as 5 years old walking by talking about “wow, a Tesla”. Don’t recall knowing about any vehicles outside of Ferrari’s and Lambos well into my teens.