I have a delivery appointment, how do I pay?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a VIN, and a delivery date of Sept 27th, when and how do I pay for the car? I plan to pay cash, do I just show up with my checkbook?

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have a VIN, and a delivery date of Sept 27th, when and how do I pay for the car? I plan to pay cash, do I just show up with my checkbook?
A certified check ( Cashiers Check) made out to Tesla Inc. A wire transfer is their preferred method of payment, just review the attachment in your account. It has all the info you need to pay for the car.

Country
Country
My delivery got moved up to today from Friday, but the ACH payment option (which I've been planning on using all along) hasn't shown up yet in my account. Plan to call back the number of the person who moved delivery up, but is there a better number and/or email address I should use to contact?

lairdb

Country
Country
A certified check ( Cashiers Check) made out to Tesla Inc. A wire transfer is their preferred method of payment, just review the attachment in your account. It has all the info you need to pay for the car.
They seem to prefer ACH over wire -- where are you seeing wire as preferred? (I only see wire instructions buried on the MVPA, where ACH is right up front under the "make a payment" button.)

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I dont see an option on Tesla site to make a payment as stated in the document below

"The easiest way to pay for your Model 3 is by electronic check, also known as ACH. Prior to delivery, you’ll be invited by email to make your payment on our website. To make a payment now, please sign in to your My Tesla account at this web address:"

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
They seem to prefer ACH over wire -- where are you seeing wire as preferred? (I only see wire instructions buried on the MVPA, where ACH is right up front under the "make a payment" button.)
Where is the make a Payment button?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks!

Thats my concern....seems like my order is not that far along and Thursday is fast approaching....

All I have

upload_2018-9-25_12-46-33-png.15034

Ed Woodrick

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The payment portal tends to open within a day or two of delivery. So, as they indicated, should be soon. At a minimum, you can do the ACH transfer day of delivery. They aren't too picky.

Dale Gardner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
ACH is the way to go. So easy to fill a few fields and submit it right on the website. Your account page gets updated and reflects the payment right after submitting. Also, there is no fee associated, like there typically is with a wire or certified check.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the problem with ACH or wire transfer is that you are making full payment in advance without seeing the condition of the vehicle. I realize that production quality is improving, but issues do occur. Would you pay your remodeling contractor in full in advance? I hope not! Likewise, don't pay Tesla(or anyone else)in advance. Tesla doesn't say it in bold print, but if you dig deep enough into the fine print, they do state that cashiers checks are accepted at time of delivery. Protect yourself by paying after you inspect you vehicle. Seems like common sense to me.

Dale Gardner

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the problem with ACH or wire transfer is that you are making full payment in advance without seeing the condition of the vehicle. I realize that production quality is improving, but issues do occur. Would you pay your remodeling contractor in full in advance? I hope not! Likewise, don't pay Tesla(or anyone else)in advance. Tesla doesn't say it in bold print, but if you dig deep enough into the fine print, they do state that cashiers checks are accepted at time of delivery. Protect yourself by paying after you inspect you vehicle. Seems like common sense to me.
Well you have the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and note down any issues, which they will work to resolve. Plus the car is under bumper-to-bumper warranty. You aren't gaining anything by withholding final payment until the last possible moment. It's not like Tesla is going to take your money and then hightail it out of there. :rolleyes:

Some shady used car dealership, or a random dude on craigslist? Yeah, then maybe I'm not paying anything in advance. :p

lairdb

Country
Country
Well you have the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and note down any issues, which they will work to resolve. Plus the car is under bumper-to-bumper warranty. You aren't gaining anything by withholding final payment until the last possible moment. It's not like Tesla is going to take your money and then hightail it out of there. :rolleyes:

Some shady used car dealership, or a random dude on craigslist? Yeah, then maybe I'm not paying anything in advance. :p
A number of folks, most notably the Texas pay-in-advance contingent, but also a few in-person, have mentioned Tesla-cancellations or buyer-rejections after payment, and they are now paying interest and insurance without even a promise date.

Other than interest and insurance cost, whether keeping your money vs. Tesla having it changes your negotiation position at all, or just feels morally wrong -- that may be a different matter.

back51

Country
Country
You can pay by ACH after inspecting the car for an hour on delivery day. That’s how I paid for my car. Went to appointment,looked over car for an hour, actually got tired of looking, everything looked good. Then went to sign papers and then enter in info to complete the ach transfer/payment.