I don't think this was the intended action

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• Please post your personal videos into a single thread to keep things organized. Thanks

MJJ

We have been taking this offramp a couple times a month with our Tesla for 2 1/2 years now. We have only recently (last 2 months or so) been having this particular problem. It is highly repeatable in various conditions (speed, light, etc). I let it go farther than usual this time to see what the outcome would really be and I do think we would be the proud owners of a traffic sign if I hadn't intervened. Has anyone else experienced this behavior on a bus pull through?

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have to admit, on my first viewing I was a bit confused by the road markings. Do I go left or do I go right? But splitting the difference is never a good solution!

Reactions: MJJ

jsmay311

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
That’s pretty bad. There really shouldn’t be too much ambiguity about which way to go when there’s a solid line on the left.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Reminds me of the I-4 and Lee Road exit here in Orlando, which, appropriately enough, is how you get to the Tesla service center.

The exit is constructed so there are three left turn lanes. Two of them are obvious - but the third one is what you need to get to Wymore road, which goes to the Tesla service center. If you follow the first link below, you can kind of see a sign above the exit ramp explaining it, but very badly - you can really only read that sign if you come to a complete stop on the exit ramp.

The second link shows what happens if you follow your instinct - or the GPS, or possibly even FSD (I don't have it, so I can't check) and take the two obvious left turn lanes. You end up trapped behind an island, unable to turn left at Wymore.

The exit:

What happens if you use the wrong left turn lane:

End result is a ton of people turn left from behind the island. And quite often, there is a cop parked in the office parking lot just beyond the turn, who will happily ticket you and tell you that you should have stopped to read the sign on the exit ramp.

Yes, that last part makes me pessimistic about why badly designed traffic directions like that are never corrected - because the city/county asks the police if it's causing any problems, and the police tell them no, it's completely clear if people just stop to read the sign (because they can ticket people who don't).

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
yep, I have a few spots where the road splits - some in the 35mph/60kmh range and what used to be successfully navigated is now a shift left and right as if the car is deciding and then down the middle UNTIL it veers over to the choice made. bad car.

taking an off ramp last week (60mph/100kmh) in AE (auto everything) and the car started to exit right as expected, but then veered left back into the lane and directly at a traffic sign. very bad car.