I can not get Homelink auto close to program

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have programmed my Homelink garage doors. The M3 manual says to press the Homelink button and then select the Auto-open or Auto-close option and set the parameters.

When I press the Homelink button all I have are the two programmed garage doors and when I press either one of them it operates the door.

How do I find and program Homelink for Auto-open or Auto-Close?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have programmed my Homelink garage doors. The M3 manual says to press the Homelink button and then select the Auto-open or Auto-close option and set the parameters.

When I press the Homelink button all I have are the two programmed garage doors and when I press either one of them it operates the door.

Press the Homelink icon at the top of the screen, then the last line says "Homelink Settings". Hit that and you will have the menu to turn on or off what features you want.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Press the Homelink icon at the top of the screen, then the last line says "Homelink Settings". Hit that and you will have the menu to turn on or off what features you want.
I have tried that numerous times and just went out once more. When I press "Homelink Settings" line all I can do is add another device, change the name or programming of an existing door, or delete a door. Nowhere does it give the option of Auto-open or Auto-close.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have tried that numerous times and just went out once more. When I press "Homelink Settings" line all I can do is add another device, change the name or programming of an existing door, or delete a door. Nowhere does it give the option of Auto-open or Auto-close.
One last step....

When you are in settings touch the name of the door you want to control, I just have one so mine says "Home". It will then open up this screen:

2018-08-25-08-37-33-jpg.13645

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

is your garage door opener capable? IIRC, it has to be current enough to have the safety laser thing and auto stop/open if it hits something.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One last step....

When you are in settings touch the name of the door you want to control, I just have one so mine says "Home". It will then open up this screen:

View attachment 13645
Thank you.

I guess I am not as smart as I once was. I don't know how I could not find that.