Howdy from Texas!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Howdy everyone!

I'm Chris from San Antonio, Texas. I took delivery of my Model 3 on Saturday 3/24 at 10AM. At 630PM that night I dropped it off to be detailed (I'll make a separate post about that when I get it back tomorrow). I've been going through withdrawals of M3 so I decided to lurk around the forums more :).

One fun fact about the new Service Center we got in San Antonio last year - it used to be a Ducati Motorcycle dealership so it's pretty tiny. There is a Model X and S inside the showroom, 3 cars can fit in the pick-up bay but they have to move the middle car to get the other 2 out and the service bay (I think) only has 2 bays. It's a cute little place haha.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone a lot more and see where this crazy model 3 ride takes us!

Cheers,
Chris

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Well, @ChrisInTX , a hearty welcome to you and congrats on your beautiful new car..

@LUXMAN , what do you know?! Yet another ruby beauty in TX?! ;)

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Did you know that there's two superchargers in permitting right now in San Antonio? 125 NW 410 Building 6 (looks to be a mall on the north side on I410) and 28295 Frontage Rd in Boerne, so just outside town to the northwest, by a Chevron station. Tesla's already done a good job over the past few months building out the I-10 route west to Arizona, but there's still one in the permitting stage (Fort Stockton). Hopefully that'll pick up before too long, that one's been in permitting for quite some time.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Howdy everyone!

I'm Chris from San Antonio, Texas. I took delivery of my Model 3 on Saturday 3/24 at 10AM. At 630PM that night I dropped it off to be detailed (I'll make a separate post about that when I get it back tomorrow). I've been going through withdrawals of M3 so I decided to lurk around the forums more :).

One fun fact about the new Service Center we got in San Antonio last year - it used to be a Ducati Motorcycle dealership so it's pretty tiny. There is a Model X and S inside the showroom, 3 cars can fit in the pick-up bay but they have to move the middle car to get the other 2 out and the service bay (I think) only has 2 bays. It's a cute little place haha.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone a lot more and see where this crazy model 3 ride takes us!

Cheers,
Chris
Hi Chris,
I am new to the forums as well. I am holding a reservation and like a lot of people, I am looking forward to getting delivery.
I am glad to see that some in Texas are now starting to get deliveries. Can I ask you when your reservation was made? This might help me guess when mine is up since reservations are being filled based on when it was placed and where it is to be delivered.
Mine was place May 2017.

Thanks Chris!

Gregg

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh cool @KarenRei I didn't know that! The one on 410 is near a large in-door mall complex called North Star Mall. Across the street is a big shopping district with Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Sam Ash Music, etc. so its a good place to put one. San Antonio is a very popular tourist destination of wealthy residents from Mexico who come up here for vacation and that area is prime shopping area on vacation.

The other location is strange as there isnt anything of interest around there. Maybe just a good spot for "passing through" on the way out i10 as it connects north to other non-Texas states hehe.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I reserved in line on 3/31/16 @gwhiteforest. I am non-Tesla owner so that put me further behind but still "higher up" as being one of the first in-line. Several other people who waited in line with me that day have configured there and their car will be built over the next month so no VIN has been assigned yet. As of May 2016, Tesla had 350k+ reservations so I think your car has a ways to go, unfortunately. They did say today in their earnings call they are hitting ~2100 cars per week and are on track to do 5000 a week by end of the quarter. Even at this rate, however, you're looking at about another 10-12 months or so?

I did find this website that tries to estimate your spot. Ive never tried it (if you do, I recommend using a temp email account to get the results). Could give it a go: http://model3counter.com

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Hi Chris,
I am new to the forums as well. I am holding a reservation and like a lot of people, I am looking forward to getting delivery.
I am glad to see that some in Texas are now starting to get deliveries. Can I ask you when your reservation was made? This might help me guess when mine is up since reservations are being filled based on when it was placed and where it is to be delivered.
Mine was place May 2017.

Thanks Chris!

Gregg
Hello Houstonian friend! Welcome to M3OC with warm greetings from your European mod (who’s only been to your city 25+ in the last 6 years... ;))

If you are a non-owner, I think @ChrisInTX ’s estimate is sound. There were probably more than a half a million reservations by the time if yours in 05/17... Keep it up though, everybody who’s seen it or, better got it, says it’s worth the wait!!

Take care,
Mike

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Chris,
Thanks for your reply! I think you are likely pretty close on that estimate. I think I also remember seeing that the reservations were estimated to be around 350k+ at the time of our reservation. We are not really in need of a car so I have no issue with waiting. I really want the company to be successful. Just as the iPhone lit a fire in the phone industry, I see Tesla as playing the same role for the automobile industry, which should improve the drive to electric cars across other manufactures. Enjoy your sweet ride!

Sealander

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi from East Texas and congrats on your new red Model 3. Just joined this forum and patiently looking forward to our option to configure sometime this Summer. I rented a blue Model 3 a few weeks ago for my wife to test drive and we put 400 miles on it and loved it! She was torn between a Model S and the Model 3, but this helped her to decide to wait for the Model 3.

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Hi from East Texas and congrats on your new red Model 3. Just joined this forum and patiently looking forward to our option to configure sometime this Summer. I rented a blue Model 3 a few weeks ago for my wife to test drive and we put 400 miles on it and loved it! She was torn between a Model S and the Model 3, but this helped her to decide to wait for the Model 3.
I have had a Model S loaner for a couple weeks while my 3 is getting painted and I love the 3 way more than the S. Good choice!

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hi Chris! I’m a model3 reservation holder 4/1/16 near Dallas, Tx and I just received my email to configure on 6/27. I will probably pull the trigger today. It sounds like I will still have another 2-5 month wait. I have a question. How do you handle the financing through a 3rd party? Does Tesla have financing available? I have not researched this yet. Congratulations on getting yours.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Chris! I’m a model3 reservation holder 4/1/16 near Dallas, Tx and I just received my email to configure on 6/27. I will probably pull the trigger today. It sounds like I will still have another 2-5 month wait. I have a question. How do you handle the financing through a 3rd party? Does Tesla have financing available? I have not researched this yet. Congratulations on getting yours.
{Butting into conversation}: Hi, there! Welcome to the forum. You might check out this thread: https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/psa-texas-buyers-beware-the-financing-trap.7343/. Pro tip: adding the @ symbol in front of the username will tag that user. ;) Example: @ChrisInTX

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello, since I'm in TX myself (north of Dallas, in Frisco/Little Elm) I figured I'd introduce myself in this thread.

I wanted a Model 3 since it was announced, but at 6' 8" tall I need to be absolutely sure I fit in a car before committing. So, I had to wait until the Northpark store had a 3 I could sit down in for myself. Once I did, I was sold. I fit in the car surprisingly well, with plenty of head room, leg room, and shoulder room. I'm coming from a 2011 Kia Optima (I was an early adopter there... I totally loved the new body style when it came out.) The 3 doesn't have quite as much room for my (now teenage) kids in the back, but oh well. They can deal, and this is my commuter anyway, not the family car.

I went with white almost by process of elimination. The red is sexy but I don't want the attention. The family minivan is blue so I didn't want two blue cars. My Optima is dark silver and I wanted a new color. (Tangent: it drives me nuts that cars come in what amounts to four shades of gray: white, silver, dark silver, and black. Green and teal seem to be oddly uncommon and coppers and oranges are even rarer. Yellow is only for supercars and school buses, I guess...)

I went with the dual motor, white interior. Mainly because the AWD and extra punch excites me, but I didn't want to spring for the P. I think the white interior on white exterior will be quite striking.

Anyway, that's me. Hi!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hello, since I'm in TX myself (north of Dallas, in Frisco/Little Elm) I figured I'd introduce myself in this thread.

I wanted a Model 3 since it was announced, but at 6' 8" tall I need to be absolutely sure I fit in a car before committing. So, I had to wait until the Northpark store had a 3 I could sit down in for myself. Once I did, I was sold. I fit in the car surprisingly well, with plenty of head room, leg room, and shoulder room. I'm coming from a 2011 Kia Optima (I was an early adopter there... I totally loved the new body style when it came out.) The 3 doesn't have quite as much room for my (now teenage) kids in the back, but oh well. They can deal, and this is my commuter anyway, not the family car.

I went with white almost by process of elimination. The red is sexy but I don't want the attention. The family minivan is blue so I didn't want two blue cars. My Optima is dark silver and I wanted a new color. (Tangent: it drives me nuts that cars come in what amounts to four shades of gray: white, silver, dark silver, and black. Green and teal seem to be oddly uncommon and coppers and oranges are even rarer. Yellow is only for supercars and school buses, I guess...)

I went with the dual motor, white interior. Mainly because the AWD and extra punch excites me, but I didn't want to spring for the P. I think the white interior on white exterior will be quite striking.

Anyway, that's me. Hi!
Congrats and welcome! Join us at the next DFW meet up if you are available. Check out the DFW meetup thread if you haven’t seen it yet.

JMZMartin

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Anyway, that's me. Hi!
I was the same way. I didn't commit to an order until last week despite an April 2016 reservation because it went against everything to buy a car I hadn't seen in person, sat in or driven. My dad is a GM retiree and very much a car guy couldn't wrap his head around it. But after a lot of questions to Tesla staff, a great test drive experience and meeting two current Model 3 owners, I'm all in. I'm not nearly as tall as you are (only 6'2") but headroom and legroom were vital since we take long trips regularly and I'm coming from a Mazda CX-5, which I love but it has to go to make room for the Tesla. I went with Silver Metallic RWD. Can't justify the Performance version (because my wife wants a Model 3 as well) but I am slightly tempted to change to AWD. Like you said; for the extra punch. But the RWD does have a lot of zip.

Are you closer to Little Elm or Plano? I'm in Denton and I've only met one other Model 3 owner here so far. The other owner I met was at the superchargers near the Southlake Tesla gallery. Both of them were hugely accommodating and had lots of information to share. Same with the folks here.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Anyway, that's me. Hi!
Welcome Aboard!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was the same way. I didn't commit to an order until last week despite an April 2016 reservation because it went against everything to buy a car I hadn't seen in person, sat in or driven. My dad is a GM retiree and very much a car guy couldn't wrap his head around it. But after a lot of questions to Tesla staff, a great test drive experience and meeting two current Model 3 owners, I'm all in. I'm not nearly as tall as you are (only 6'2") but headroom and legroom were vital since we take long trips regularly and I'm coming from a Mazda CX-5, which I love but it has to go to make room for the Tesla. I went with Silver Metallic RWD. Can't justify the Performance version (because my wife wants a Model 3 as well) but I am slightly tempted to change to AWD. Like you said; for the extra punch. But the RWD does have a lot of zip.

Are you closer to Little Elm or Plano? I'm in Denton and I've only met one other Model 3 owner here so far. The other owner I met was at the superchargers near the Southlake Tesla gallery. Both of them were hugely accommodating and had lots of information to share. Same with the folks here.
Going with just RWD provides plenty of zip for me. In fact I may get in trouble one of these days :eek: cuz it is so much fun to take off from a light and leave everyone behind.
Welcome Aboard! Do you have a delivery date?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you closer to Little Elm or Plano?
I'm in Little Elm, right across the border from Frisco. One of my co-workers has her Model 3 already (black), and I've seen a couple up and down the DNT. In the bike club I ride with, a fellow member has a red Model 3. Just a few doors down on my street there's someone who occasionally has had a white Model X or a silver Model 3 parked in his driveway, but I see them only irregularly, so I'm not sure what the story is there. Anyway, there are some Model 3s around. :)