[How To] Using non-homelink remote with homelink

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

96s46p

Country
Country
I have a gate remote that is not compatible with homelink but wanted to use the auto open functions the car provides. So I purchased a mini remote relay kit and soldered the wires to the buttons of my remote. Right now it is powered by one of the USB ports in the center console and sitting on the phone tray but I will find a better hidden location for it, possibly in the frunk/bumper area.

The remote I ordered was configured for latched on/off and required delicate soldering to change it to momentary mode

This version is already configured for momentary:
Amazon product

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I purchased a mini remote relay kit and soldered the wires to the buttons of my remote.]
I'm confused.
Exactly what remote did you solder the relay to?
And how does this work with the car auto-opening things?

96s46p

Country
Country
The remote that works my gate, which can't be learned by homelink. The relay remote can be learned by homelink so car sends signal to relay which "pushes" button on remote which sends signal to gate.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The remote that works my gate, which can't be learned by homelink. The relay remote can be learned by homelink so car sends signal to relay which "pushes" button on remote which sends signal to gate.
OHHHHHH.
Thanks for explaining. :)

ftenab

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dear, I know is old post but may be you can reply to me. When the remote learned by homelink send the signal to relay which "pushes" button on remote which sends signal to gate....If both remotes send signal 433mhz at same time they not interfiere in the signal to be able to open the gate??.

I noticed if you push two remotes at same time (different gates) at same frequency 433mhz, gate is not responding to the signal.

Regards