How soon after supercharging are you seeing charges post to your Tesla account?

sabonis

Country
Country
Hi,

I have owned my Model 3 since March and have only supercharged a few times. I'm curious how soon other Model 3 owners are seeing charges post to their Tesla accounts after supercharging.

Previously, I thought it was pretty instantaneous, but I supercharged on Saturday and don't see it in my account yet. I can confirm that I did supercharge once a few months ago and was not billed for it; however, it was only for like 5-10 minutes. That's the last time I supercharged. Before that, I was successfully charged a handful of times.

Just wondering what seems to be "normal" for other Model 3 owners.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've never really paid much attention to it. I supercharged last night and just checked my account and it hasn't shown up online yet. I'll check again in a couple of days to see when it pops up for me.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My Tesla account has a card that notifies me of charges, most of the time I've been notified about 1-2 minutes after disconnecting, longest time was 10 minutes. I've only Supercharged 4 times though.

Ericb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One station showed up the next day, others usually show up within a few minutes of leaving. the past few times have been quick.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some weekend charges don't get posted until the weekdays, so you should see it posted sometime this week.

Also note that some Superchargers do not have a fee attached to it, you'll notice then when you look at the info on your touchscreen. If a location does not list $/kWh then it means that location does not cost anything to charge.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some weekend charges don't get posted until the weekdays, so you should see it posted sometime this week.

Also note that some Superchargers do not have a fee attached to it, you'll notice then when you look at the info on your touchscreen. If a location does not list $/kWh then it means that location does not cost anything to charge.
This reminds me of the uproar over price changes and the potential $5K price refund. I have free supercharging for life attached to my P3D. Since you don't and are occasionally getting free supercharging should I expect some reimbursment from Tesla?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This reminds me of the uproar over price changes and the potential $5K price refund. I have free supercharging for life attached to my P3D. Since you don't and are occasionally getting free supercharging should I expect some reimbursment from Tesla?
Are you joking?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I supercharged 4 times last weekend some in California and in Arizona and wasn’t billed for any of it. Normally I am billed within seconds of disconnecting.

I’m just not sure if this was a mistake on Tesla’s part, some kind of free supercharging weekend or if we all get 6 months free supercharging now since new owners now get that with a referral code.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I supercharged 4 times last weekend some in California and in Arizona and wasn’t billed for any of it. Normally I am billed within seconds of disconnecting.

I’m just not sure if this was a mistake on Tesla’s part, some kind of free supercharging weekend or if we all get 6 months free supercharging now since new owners now get that with a referral code.
I was billed for the Superchargers I used on Friday but nothing yet for the ones I used this weekend.

sjg98

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same, not been charged for a Sunday charge yet.
Was also never charged for a Sunday charge at a different SuperCharger a month ago.
Was developing a theory that it was something to do with first time you use an Urban SuperCharger they don’t charge for some reason.
The I95 highway rest stop one used on a Saturday posted very quickly on the other hand.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same, not been charged for a Sunday charge yet.
Was also never charged for a Sunday charge at a different SuperCharger a month ago.
Was developing a theory that it was something to do with first time you use an Urban SuperCharger they don’t charge for some reason.
The I95 highway rest stop one used on a Saturday posted very quickly on the other hand.
Was not an Urban Supercharger. I have never seen one of those.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sometimes, you don't get charged. It happened to me at a CT supercharger over the summer, and I thought it was maybe due to buggy firmware which was updated right after, though some in the forum thought that particular supercharger was having issues and not charging.
It just happened to me again on Saturday, this time a NH supercharger, charges still do not show on my account. I'm still on 39.7 and seeing a lot of data communication issues so that might have something to do with it again.
In both cases the charges did show on my display, just never on my Tesla account.

SPIKE's M3AWD

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Charged my M3 on Friday Oct 26 and Sunday Oct 28 at the Sarasota SC. Car indicated a charge of $10 and $13. It's Tuesday night and no charge has appeared on my Tesla account or on my CC on file.

My only other SC experience was on 8/20 at the Florida City SC and the charge appeared on my CC the same day.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've used superchargers twice earlier this week (wednesday) and have not yet had those show up on my Tesla account or my Amex. And about 2 weeks earlier (also a wednesday) I used the same one 2 times and had the alert from Amex immediately for both. The weekend prior to that I use another supercharger (before heading across the state that following wednesday), and it also came thru immediately.

the most significant difference between the two wednesdays was the first had multiple others at the supercharger for both stops. This week's trip I was the only one there for both stops.