How much is your Model 3 worth according to Elon?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

gary in NY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
"If you fast forward a year, maybe a year three months, we'll have over a million robo-taxis on the road."

Elon Musk
April 2019

I configured in June of 2018. Even then, we knew Musk's timelines probably didn't line up with reality. I wasn't following every detail then, but I was certainly following the headlines. I'm not particularly happy about the status now, but it's not been two years since I configured, and even less since delivery. Five years from now it might be a different story. (At least I got a computer upgrade)

There is not much else to say. Either we ride it out, or form a class action lawsuit and file for damages. Then we need a judge who, based on the evidence, sees it our way. I'm quite a ways from there right now, but I see your point on the matter.

Garlan Garner

Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I configured in June of 2018. Even then, we knew Musk's timelines probably didn't line up with reality. I wasn't following every detail then, but I was certainly following the headlines. I'm not particularly happy about the status now, but it's not been two years since I configured, and even less since delivery. Five years from now it might be a different story. (At least I got a computer upgrade)

There is not much else to say. Either we ride it out, or form a class action lawsuit and file for damages. Then we need a judge who, based on the evidence, sees it our way. I'm quite a ways from there right now, but I see your point on the matter.
You should sell your Tesla.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You should sell your Tesla.
Does this mean that in order to own and operate a Tesla vehicle one must be lock-step with the way Elon conducts his business? I haven't drunk that cool-aid yet, and don't intend to. The issue here, generally, is not whether the car is any good(it's fantastic, wonderful, exciting, fun, cutting-edge, and historical). The issue that many of us take exception to is the way that Elon does business in public and in the media.

If he would implement one change in his personality, most of what we're complaining about would be resolved. It's a simple thing that many of us were taught from the earliest of ages. And don't give him a pass because he's intelligent. All he needs to do is-Think before you speak.

gary in NY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
For many of the reasons discussed above, I have no interest in selling my car. My commitment as a Tesla owner and investor is high, but not above loosing sight of shortfalls in either the hardware, software or the company's policies and practices.

Garlan Garner

Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does this mean that in order to own and operate a Tesla vehicle one must be lock-step with the way Elon conducts his business? I haven't drunk that cool-aid yet, and don't intend to. The issue here, generally, is not whether the car is any good(it's fantastic, wonderful, exciting, fun, cutting-edge, and historical). The issue that many of us take exception to is the way that Elon does business in public and in the media.

If he would implement one change in his personality, most of what we're complaining about would be resolved. It's a simple thing that many of us were taught from the earliest of ages. And don't give him a pass because he's intelligent. All he needs to do is-Think before you speak.
No No, No, there are not requirements to being a tesla owner.

I mean that folks with so much disdain for such a horrible CEO and such inferior features to the point of law suits and damages wouldn't want to be a part.

How many times has Elon taken to whatever he is being accused of? How many times hasn't he taken to whatever he is being accused of?

Battery day.....any news so far? Any promises? Car to grid? any news? Any details on anything coming up? China Giga factory? They are building huge buildings....any detailed news? Berlin Giga factory.....anything? promises?

Last edited:

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think you're missing our point. Tesla is producing an incredible product. Now, if Elon could put his ego aside and let someone else run the business and customer service sides of the business, Tesla could make the transition from incredible product to incredible business.

Garlan Garner

Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think you're missing our point. Tesla is producing an incredible product. Now, if Elon could put his ego aside and let someone else run the business and customer service sides of the business, Tesla could make the transition from incredible product to incredible business.
I fully get the point. I get it.

However when you get to the point where you want to get a class action lawsuit with a group of people going...for damages....thats a little more than a dislike of some ones ego.

You want to take money away from Tesla? How much money would make a difference to a multi billionaire?

Tesla doesn't owe us a successful company. I know some of us would like a successful company, but they owe me nothing.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I fully get the point. I get it.

However when you get to the point where you want to get a class action lawsuit with a group of people going...for damages....thats a little more than a dislike of some ones ego.
I read @gary in NY"s post differently than you did. I read him to say-Let's ride out the bad and hope it gets better because our only alternative would be a likely doomed class action lawsuit. Can he keep his car if that's what he meant?

Garlan Garner

Red Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I read @gary in NY"s post differently than you did. I read him to say-Let's ride out the bad and hope it gets better because our only alternative would be a likely doomed class action lawsuit. Can he keep his car if that's what he meant?
I'm answering your questions....I kindly ask for the same.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You want to take money away from Tesla? How much money would make a difference to a multi billionaire?
You’re conflating Elon Musk with Tesla.

Like I asked above, please keep the conversation level-headed. I think you will find @FRC and @gary in NY are Tesla fans with just a few gripes. We can like something and still want it to grow and improve.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You’re conflating Elon Musk with Tesla.

Like I asked above, please keep the conversation level-headed. I think you will find @FRC and @gary in NY are Tesla fans with just a few gripes. We can like something and still want it to grow and improve.
THIS is what I gear for society. The ALL or nothing approach to everything. The world isn’t so black and white. You can both like something, AND wish it were better. Like you said, Tesla isn’t JUST Tesla. I paid for a Model 3, AND paid for FSD. The model 3 has far surpassed my expectations. FSD, not so much.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm answering your questions....I kindly ask for the same.
I've re-read your posts and can only find one question from you. I don't think any amount of money will slow Elon down...but no one here is advocating punishing him financially. We simply want improved business practices. When people plunk down 50, 60 ,70 or more thousands for a car they tend to expect more than just the 4 wheels they drove off the lot. They expect any promises made to them in writing to be honored and they expect a meaningful level of customer service. Tesla has consistently missed the mark in these areas, and you are reading posters here who are frustrated to some degree with that. Personally my level of frustration is very low(thankfully), but that doesn't mean that I can't advocate for improvement in areas of weakness.