How many Texans with delayed deliveries?

Firewired

I keep seeing it posted separately in general delivery threads. My perception is that there seem to be a lot of cars going to Texas with delays, It is frustrating after seeing people starting to post about new orders already getting their cars as well as requirement for Texas to be 100% paid for before even beginning shipping process. Please post if you have gone are are going through same.

My own timeline:
First day online reservation, prior Tesla owner.
Ordered P3D 6/27.
Poor communication from first ISA (Kat).
Soon after assigned to second ISA (Loren) who does respond.
8/1 car arrives from Freemont to Lathorpe storage (https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipts)
8/15 received MVPA - car paid in 100% as immediately to try and expedite process and required for Texas
8/17 told cat was being transported from Lathorpe to Charleston CA railhub
8/20 told between Charleston and DFW
8/27 told car is at DFW.
8/28 Delivery changed from 8/31 to 9/22.

chrism583

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
*raises hand*
4/3/2016 reservation
6/27/18 Order
{Insert lack of communication here}
8/23/18 Initial delivery
Delayed due to "Vaguery regarding increased QA checks"
9/13/18 New tentative delivery
Removal of VIN from account.
{Insert lack of communication here}

Sure am glad I told the CU to put a 30 day hold on any payments.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sep 4th, Kaitlin from Nevada called and kicked off delivery
Sep 6th signed MVPA, financing and insurance lined up
Sep 25th is scheduled delivery, Cedar Springs near Love Field in Dallas.

Fingers crossed, but Sep 29th is the end of quarter and there is pressure for good numbers. I have no idea where my car is. FWIW only financing $20K, cash has made a difference I have read.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Actually from Oklahoma but taking delivery in Dallas Cedar Spings.

Res 9/2016 $1000 paid
Order 6/28/2018 $2500 paid
7/17 - DA assigned, VIN assigned
*waiting on contract team*
8/3/2018 - Finally receive final MVPA
8/6/2018 - Paid in Full via wire transfer
8/15/2018 - Car arrives in Dallas via rail
8/17/2018 - Email confirmation from DA "car arrives at cedar springs tomorrow for pdi and detailing, everything on track for 8/21 delivery"
8/18/2018 - Friend with delivery date of 8/22 picks up his car (WTF)
8/21/2018 - First delivery date - I have a carefully planned and coordinated trip to get car with kids checked out of school, me off of work. Buckling kids into car and
DA calls at ~11am tells me car never arrived. Fuming mad phone calls to everyone everywhere looking for answers. Nothing happens because there is no mechanism for escalation... DA claims *logistics issue*
8/22/2018 pickup rental car at Tesla's expense black 2018 Ford F150 XLT crew cab.
*watch painfully as many people who ordered after me and car's with born date in July and August get delivered to their owners*
9/3/2018 - second delivery date - comes and goes no one called, no one emailed, no texts...nothing. DA and Service Center radio silence
*watch painfully as many more people who ordered after me and car's with born date in July and August get delivered to their owners*
*trying not to become bitter and angry*
*AWD delivery emails go out to many people with delivery dates before mine*
*Am I the only undelivered June production car?*
9/6/2018 - file complaint with BBB for Tesla Motors and another with Tesla Dallas Service Center
9/11/2018 - 3rd "placeholder" delivery date. After calling the HQ phone center number because my DA and the Servce center never answer my calls anymore. They inform me that I have this date and it was merely a placeholder as they have to "try" to get "logistics team" to prioritize my car for pre-delivery inspection and detailing

I have no idea when I'm getting my car. No one is giving me a solid reason for the delays. I'm on my 3rd week with the rental truck. My car still doesn't even seem to be a priority at all.....
I'm out $50,000 for the past 5 weeks and have nothing to show for it.

What do I do now?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Progress! My original delivery date was scheduled for 9/28. The car arrived at service center yesterday and I got a text moving the delivery appointment to 9/20.

It appears it was a truck shipment and didn't make any part of the journey by rail.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla gave an option to go early, and my red M3 is sitting in driveway tonight charging!
Was Sep25, moved up to Sep19. Went very smoothly.

The delivery personell said they were averaging 50 cars per day out of the Cedar Springs location, with over 100 on Saturdays. They set the record for 106 in a day last weekend, and expected 120 this Saturday!

Amazeballs..

Csm

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Progress! My original delivery date was scheduled for 9/28. The car arrived at service center yesterday and I got a text moving the delivery appointment to 9/20.

It appears it was a truck shipment and didn't make any part of the journey by rail.
@kenneyboy
Did you get the call for early pick up from Pond Springs location or from your DA? Did you pick it up on 9/20?

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I certainly did. They originally scheduled it for 4:15 but called to push it back to 5:00. Got there a little early, waited until 5 anyway and did a quick walk around and was gone in 10 minutes. After 116 miles I have to say it is totally a winner and worth the wait.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For Texas buyers, does the warranty clock start when you pay for the car or when you take delivery?
My guess is when you sign the final document at the delivery center and take delivery. The gap between paying in full for my car and taking delivery was 10 days so not a big deal to me.