how many model 3's did you see on today's commute ?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see tons everyday now. I see all 3 models (S, X and 3). M3’s certainly increased over the past 6 months or so. There are about 4 other M3’s other than mine that park in my work parking garage. Couple S and one X also parked in the garage.

Live in Northern Virginia and work in Maryland.

Rob_M

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's funny - for a solid month while I was waiting for my 3, I didn't see a single one. I actually had -never- seen one in our area prior to ordering, but chalked that up to not really paying attention. On the day before delivery, I saw a red 3 and a black X. Those were the only two I've ever seen in the area, I've had mine for about 3 weeks now.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see multiple a day (as in stopped counting) between my commute and around my office, but yesterday met a friend for lunch downtown and while looking for parking near his office, passed 3 parked and 2 more driving (in a 3 block radius). Then from a window seat, saw 4 more drive passed the restaurant. So 9 over 75 minutes.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Last fall I started to see a lot of them, seemed like they were breeding with each other. But I can't say I've noticed any increase since then. We live on an island (accessible by three bridges) and have identified about 8 local Model 3's (three live within 4 blocks of us). But most days we see zero. When we take the 90 minute trip to visit Seattle or Bellevue we have about a 60% chance of seeing one on I-5. It really does seem like there were more last fall (we saw three Model 3's on I-5 all at once and two or three other ones). Our last two trips to Bellevue, the Tesla capital of Washington, we saw zero or one. Last fall, every time we would go there, Model 3's were swarming all around us like bees near their hive.

I can only conclude that Model 3 owners drive their cars a lot more when the car is newer.

RonAz

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I live just outside of Scottsdale, Az. and I see many Model 3's everyday. Many S's and X's on the roads where ever I go. It's not just the Tesla's though. Sometimes the Safeway parking lot resembles an exotic car show. People really do go shopping in their $200,000 vehicles!

Tinker2A

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally! I have seen another Model 3 on my commute. Tesla cars are still quite rare in eastern parts of Germany. Rare enough that every other Tesla driver I have seen while driving my Model 3 has greeted me back ...

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
40 mile round trip commute in NJ. Maybe one in the morning going to work at 6am, at least 3-5 on the way home at night. I don't personally wave, but I've gotten 1 wave and a handful of those "Tesla penetrating stares" into the car.

lance.bailey

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
yesterday (yay "Tesla Tuesdays") on hwy 99 southbound from Vancouver to White rock saw a red M3, black S, blue X and an identical midnight silver behind me. It pulled up beside me once but for the most part got trapped by traffic a couple of cars back.

2pix

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Eastern North Carolina has few Tesla's while RDU area has them everywhere. My town is up to 7 total. 8 counting the one that commutes in. Might see one of them occasionally on my daily commute. I have a higher probability seeing Tesla's traveling using the supercharger here.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I saw 9 or 10 on my way home yesterday, a new record, but the more interesting data point was this:

One of those Model 3s is one I usually see, either pulling into its owner's driveway as I wait in a left-turn lane, or parked there already. But yesterday, I noticed a second, new-looking Model 3... parked in the neighbor's driveway!

Gee, how do you think that happened? ;)

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
That's funny. I was going to suggest maybe the first Model 3 was pregnant but mitosis makes a lot more sense! Elon Musk should get his brightest working on this to increase factory output. If they could clone every car they make, it could potentially double the output without having to add any new production lines!