How many days before delivery did you get your MVPA?

bab5freak

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My delivery is scheduled for May 28 and I have not received the Motor vehicle purchase agreement yet
My ISA told me that the finance folks like to wait until 24-48 hours out. If you need it sooner to get your side straightened out, for sure contact them and ask for it. Mine came too late, and I wasn't able to actually take the car home on delivery day.

pjfw8

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My delivery is scheduled for May 28 and I have not received the Motor vehicle purchase agreement yet
My delivery is 5/26. I got the documents Wednesday 5/23 by email. I printed them, signed, scanned and emailed to Tesla. They verified all were good in less than one hour. In North Carolina, we need to return the originals to the Raleigh store for deliveries from the Charlotte service center. They provided the Fedex overnight label. Actually easy. The hardest part was finding a notary for license and registration docs. Tesla's instructions were clear.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got mine literally right before, but I also financed through Tesla with US Bank so I didn't have a sense of urgency on it.

Country
Country
I received mine on May 24 with VIN but don't have a delivery date scheduled yet. Seems to be different times for different ISA's in terms of when they send them out.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Who do you email them too? I configured 4/10 got my VIN # about May 10, but have not had and email or a phone call from anyone at all, no delivery date set. MVPA are available on my account page. What do I do with them?

oey192

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I asked for mine 3 business days before delivery (asked Wed, delivery was on Monday) and got it with 1 business day left (received MVPA after business hours on Thurs). My credit union managed to get everything done the (business) day before including sending the wire. It was pretty stressful and the credit union was definitely not used to having to do things that fast but I made it.
It was stressful because if I missed my delivery date I would have almost certainly have been pushed out to June since WA deliveries are swamped through the end of the month.

My ISA sent me a copy/pasted blurb in the “delivery scheduled” email telling me to make sure that any 3rd party financier send the check or wire at least 3 business days before delivery but then didn’t even send me the MVPA until 1 business day before…
Thankfully the wire went through in time!

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got an MVPA attached to an email not 10 minutes after I placed my order. Does that mean my car is arriving tomorrow?! :eek::p I think I'm kidding, but....not sure.... Delivery estimate says "Oct '18 - Dec '18." What do I do with the agreement--hang on to it until they ask me to return it?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got an MVPA attached to an email not 10 minutes after I placed my order. Does that mean my car is arriving tomorrow?! :eek::p I think I'm kidding, but....not sure.... Delivery estimate says "Oct '18 - Dec '18." What do I do with the agreement--hang on to it until they ask me to return it?
Congrats on placing your order!

Yeah, if this is just a five-page document with no VIN or final price sheet, then it's just the "Order Agreement" (despite what the document's heading may say). No action required, just sit tight and wait for The Call, The Email, The Telegram, The Carrier Pigeon, etc. :)

When Tesla generates your "final" MVPA, you will receive an EchoSign link to electronically sign it. I received this link about 2.5 weeks prior to delivery, and received the final, fully-signed MVPA last night (2 weeks, 1 day prior).

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I got my MVPA like 15 minutes before scheduled delivery. But that’s when they were way behind due to switching systems. Hopefully it’s back on schedule now?

Teslar

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I got mine as soon as I configured (next day actually in june), however there has been any movement since then. no VIN no nuthin

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Somewhat OT, but to close the circle: My delivery timeframe is still Oct-Dec '18, but I received a phone call ("Private number') at 5 PM today from Angie at Tesla who said my delivery is tentatively scheduled for Sept. 4. :eek:o_O:D If I get my trade-in and loan information in ASAP.

I'm skeptical, but willing to go along to see if it happens. Apparently I picked the right color (blue) or first day reservations still mean something. Now to get temporary charging set up while I await my new garage construction....

ChrisHa

Country
Country
Congrats on placing your order!

Yeah, if this is just a five-page document with no VIN or final price sheet, then it's just the "Order Agreement" (despite what the document's heading may say). No action required, just sit tight and wait for The Call, The Email, The Telegram, The Carrier Pigeon, etc. :)

When Tesla generates your "final" MVPA, you will receive an EchoSign link to electronically sign it. I received this link about 2.5 weeks prior to delivery, and received the final, fully-signed MVPA last night (2 weeks, 1 day prior).
This garbage is so random. I’m 5 days from delivery and have not received my MVPA. Maybe it varies based on state and financing choice?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This garbage is so random. I’m 5 days from delivery and have not received my MVPA. Maybe it varies based on state and financing choice?
Location may matter inasmuch as it takes an additional week or two for cars to get to us here on the east coast, so if the process is triggered by VIN assignment (rather than delivery date within a certain number of days), then east coasters may get their final MVPAs earlier relative to delivery date. But factors like your IDA's relative efficiency and workload -- which we cannot measure or observe -- may also matter just as much, which may make it seem like the timeline for receiving your final MVPA is purely random.

Just reading through the Delivery Status thread, though... Until recently, not having an MVPA until 48 to 72 hours prior to delivery was considered a blessing, and no MVPA within 24 hours wasn't that unusual. My IDA's email earlier this month even said not to expect the final MVPA and payment amount due until within 48-72 hours.

So, all things considered, being 5 days out without an MVPA isn't too far off-base from Tesla's historical average or the expectations that their IDAs are setting. Sure, it's less than ideal, a bit inconvenient, and perhaps even a little nerve-wracking depending on the requirements and flexibility of your bank and insurance. But that's just been par for the course so far.