How do you get replacement Model 3 cabin air filters?

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've called my local service center a half dozen times, and they're always out of stock. They claim that they'll call me back when they get them in stock, but they never do.

I checked eBay, and there's a single set of them up there for $110, which is completely absurd, as they cost $34 for a pair to buy from Tesla.

Can you order them online somewhere, or do you have to physically visit a Service Center?

FogNoggin

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Pray. I've been trying to buy a replacement visor clip for two months with no luck. I've learned to laugh whenever anyone at Tesla promises to call me back. If you ever do get your filters, immediately start the process of buying another set for the future. Perhaps that's why they're always out off stock, people are hoarding them.

Last edited:

Fishn4life

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just picked up 4 at local Tesla (Costa Mesa, Ca). I don't mind picking a few up up and shipping if someone is in a bind. Seemed pretty difficult to track down at first - think they were $18 each. Probably more in demand as mileage for all new owners is nearing 25k.

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Oh, there's a service center in Costa Mesa? I should try that one! I've only been calling Burbank, but Costa Mess is pretty close to me.

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I ordered a set also. How often are we suppose to be replacing these? I'm sure I'm over due, 21K miles and have never done this...

coredumperror

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sure, you could get one of those HEPA filters, if you want to spend three times as much. You might as well just pay Tesla to install their own filters, if you're going to pay that much for the filters themselves.

crmatson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
These look identical to OEM.
I ordered a set from Amazon (sold by "LoveTesla") and installed them this past weekend.
They came in a green box with brand name "BOMA" and made in China.
I also used a can of Klima Cleaner to clean the evaporator.
My moldy/vinegar odor is resolved.
I have the same filters on order so it's good to hear they fit properly. I haven't opened up the filter housing yet, how difficult is it to access the evaporator because mine needs ot be cleaned as well.

Craig

crmatson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The evaporator is easy to access after removing the filters.

Here are some pictures.

First pic is with the top filter removed.

Second pic is after removing both filters and inserting the tube of cleaner and spraying the foam onto the evaporator.

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The evaporator is easy to access after removing the filters.

Here are some pictures.

First pic is with the top filter removed.

Second pic is after removing both filters and inserting the tube of cleaner and spraying the foam onto the evaporator.
Very helpful, thank you!

Craig

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the same filters on order so it's good to hear they fit properly. I haven't opened up the filter housing yet, how difficult is it to access the evaporator because mine needs ot be cleaned as well.

Craig
You clean the evaporator through the filter opening or through the drain opening under the car. I bought the Kool-It Heater and Evaporator Foam Cleaner from a local Auto parts store. The instructions say to pump the foam into the drain hole.
https://www.lubegard.com/products/koolit-evap-cleaner/

I bought two sets of filters from my local service center since at 30,000 miles I am due for a replacement. I also like to have a spare set on hand.

crmatson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You clean the evaporator through the filter opening or through the drain opening under the car. I bought the Kool-It Heater and Evaporator Foam Cleaner from a local Auto parts store. The instructions say to pump the foam into the drain hole.
https://www.lubegard.com/products/koolit-evap-cleaner/

I bought two sets of filters from my local service center since at 30,000 miles I am due for a replacement. I also like to have a spare set on hand.
I suppose if you have a lift and want to go through the drain hole, you could try it.
As you are replacing the filters at the same time, it is much easier to spray directly in the filter housing onto the evaporator after removing the old/dirty filters in my opinion.

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I suppose if you have a lift and want to go through the drain hole, you could try it.
As you are replacing the filters at the same time, it is much easier to spray directly in the filter housing onto the evaporator after removing the old/dirty filters in my opinion.
Yeah, I sprayed the cleaner in through the filter access hole.