How do I set charging limit in %

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This might be a dumb question but how do I see the charging limit in percentage? I don't see the setting. Or is every everyone calculating it when talking about setting it to 80%.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In the charging screen, there is a button SET LIMIT and then you slide the bar from on the car battery layout. There are tick marks for 50/60/70/80/90. Not labeled clearly but you will get it.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Related question, is there a way to view the charge in terms of SoC rather than range? Either on the car or in the app?

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Related question, is there a way to view the charge in terms of SoC rather than range? Either on the car or in the app?
As in % instead of miles/km? Open the car settings. Think it's under the Display section. Just have to hit the gear in the top right of the screen. If it's not that screen it's one of them but it's buried in the gear menu.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As in % instead of miles/km? Open the car settings. Think it's under the Display section. Just have to hit the gear in the top right of the screen. If it's not that screen it's one of them but it's buried in the gear menu.
Thanks. I thought I looked through all the setting pages but I will check again when I’m back in the car.

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My OCD desire to hit 80% charge has me wishing we could select the SOC and type in a number. I'm beside myself with all kinds of feelings of NOT LIKING IT when i see the message "Charging complete 79%" or "...81%"
ARRRRRGH!!!!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My OCD desire to hit 80% charge has me wishing we could select the SOC and type in a number. I'm beside myself with all kinds of feelings of NOT LIKING IT when i see the message "Charging complete 79%" or "...81%"
ARRRRRGH!!!!
FYI you can also set the limit in the app, and it feels a bit easier to me to set the limit exactly on the tick you desire. Also, somewhat annoyingly, it will snap to the 90% tick mark (and only the 90% tick mark).

Although personally I prefer to display range instead of percentage. I found that the percentage display looks so much like a smartphone battery meter that I responded to it like I respond to my smartphone battery. For example, if it said 65%, I felt like my battery was running short, even though 65% means over 200 miles of range.

I've never heard of battery SoC anxiety when it comes to EVs, but I've definitely got it. Thank goodness for the range display mode. :oops:

KMS

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This might be a dumb question but how do I see the charging limit in percentage? I don't see the setting. Or is every everyone calculating it when talking about setting it to 80%.
Go to the "car screen", select "display", select "energy display" and then select "energy". That should do the trick