Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

How busy are superchargers between LA and Vegas?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RocketRay 
#1 ·
Traveling to vegas soon. How busy are the superchargers on the weekends?

#3 ·
If one looks at a statistical stratification and probability the chance that you’ll be at a supercharger with 40 others overlapping at the same time is pretty low.

At SOME times maybe after a sporting event or some days prior to a holiday it would be a bit different.

Would be interesting though to have a thread possibly with various supercharges that would show when they were all full on the major intercity corridors.

#6 · (Edited)
I agree with @Zoomit - a Long Range Model 3 should be able to make LA -> Las Vegas with just a stop in Baker. But if you want to get an idea of the busy-ness(sp?) of the Superchargers around the time you'll be on the road, I'd recommend using your Model 3. Get in around the same time of day (and day of the week) that you plan to be on the road, do a "Navigate to Las Vegas, Nevada" with voice, then touch each Supercharger en route - they should show a graphic at the bottom showing how many stalls are occupied (and how many total). It's updated periodically (not sure how many times per hour/day), so it should give you a pretty good idea of how busy they'll be when you're passing through.

YMMV greatly, though, if you're planning to go on a holiday weekend (like Labor Day)!

Edit - here's a pic: The red bars show the in-use stalls, the light grey ones show the available stalls.

Map Organism World Line Font

#8 ·
I agree with @Zoomit - a Long Range Model 3 should be able to make LA -> Las Vegas with just a stop in Baker. But if you want to get an idea of the busy-ness(sp?) of the Superchargers around the time you'll be on the road, I'd recommend using your Model 3. Get in around the same time of day (and day of the week) that you plan to be on the road, do a "Navigate to Las Vegas, Nevada" with voice, then touch each Supercharger en route - they should show a graphic at the bottom showing how many stalls are occupied (and how many total). It's updated periodically (not sure how many times per hour/day), so it should give you a pretty good idea of how busy they'll be when you're passing through.

YMMV greatly, though, if you're planning to go on a holiday weekend (like Labor Day)!

Edit - here's a pic: The red bars show the in-use stalls, the light grey ones show the available stalls.

View attachment 11968
I'd like to know your hidden route to Las Vegas from LA that goes through Cabazon. :D

#7 ·
This past Friday they were fairly empty. I didn't stop at the Baker one but Barstow had only 1 or 2 stalls occupied. Then on the way back Yermo had only 3 or 4 occupied.

#9 ·
The one in Yermo (about 10 miles east of Barstow) was empty when we stopped there in June on the way home from a camping trip. I'd hit that one instead of the Barstow supercharger; I've heard for at least two years now that Barstow is heavily used and often full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.