HOV/EZPass transponder

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know the Model S had varying levels of success with the EZPass transponder being placed near the rearview mirror, thanks to the level of tint on the windshield there.

The solution for some was to place the transponder in the nose cone (pre-facelift), or to get the "twinkie" for the front license plate.

With the change-over to HW 2.5, do we know if the top-of-windshield-next-to-rearview-mirror mounting location a non-starter now? Should I look into getting the "twinkie"?

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I know the Model S had varying levels of success with the EZPass transponder being placed near the rearview mirror, thanks to the level of tint on the windshield there.

The solution for some was to place the transponder in the nose cone (pre-facelift), or to get the "twinkie" for the front license plate.

With the change-over to HW 2.5, do we know if the top-of-windshield-next-to-rearview-mirror mounting location a non-starter now? Should I look into getting the "twinkie"?
Our Florida SunPass works fine in my dad’s S. I hopeful for the same with Model 3 and I like it hidden from visibility tucked behind the rear view mirror.