Houston Resource Recommendations and Rants

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Newbie

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is a space to share your experiences with resources in the Houston area. My list is all recommendations; I've had nothing but positive experiences with all of these guys. All have given me permission to post their contact details here.

An Honest Electrician
Before delivery I had my electrician install the NEMA 14-50 and a cord organizer in my garage. As has always been my experience with him, Mike was clear about what was required and fair with his price. His name is Mike Black and he can be reached at 713.679.8941.

A Body Shop
A stone blew off a truck on our way back from picking up the car and scratched the frunk. I called our delivery person immediately hoping for some kind of miracle (because some people here mentioned that Tesla did some body work for free in the early days of the Model 3) but instead she referred me to Tesla-certified body shops listed on the website. We brought the car to Metropolitan Collision and Service on 16th St in the Heights. Jonathan Zeke (goes by "Zeke") is responsible for Teslas. The fix was expensive, but the damage is undetectable and Zeke made everything happen quickly and effortlessly.

A Mobile Wheel Rim Repair Guy
Yeah, we scuffed a rim. (No, it wasn't me.) John Garcia (832.732.0910) came to the house and would normally do the work remotely, but preferred to take the wheel with him to do repair and repaint the wheel to the extent of the damage. He returned early the next morning and charged $180. The wheel is like new.

A Ceramic Coat Guy
David Sotelo (recommended by another Houston-based forum member) of Houston Mobile Auto Detail came to the house to apply 2 coats of Wurtzite P85 Ceramic Paint Protection after polishing first to remove any swirls in the finish from the delivery center, and used Liquid Armour Ceramic on the windshield for permanent RainX-like protection. The finish is gorgeous. David can be reached at 832.378.2019, and you can see many examples of his Model 3 work here: https://www.instagram.com/springbranchcardetail

Window Tint, Clear Bra, and Console Wrap
David (the ceramic coat guy above) recommended John Gray at Gulf Coast Auto Shield and I couldn't be happier with the results. John explained all of his recommendations clearly; it is obvious he lives and breathes his work and takes the results personally. He used Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film for the everything north of the windshield; applied Xpel Prime XR nano ceramic (35%) to the glass on the sides, top, and (one-piece) back; applied Xpel Prime XR+ (IR rejecting) 70% film to the front windshield; and Xpel Stealth PPF to the center console. (Note that all of this was done before David applied the ceramic coats.) Gulf Coast Auto Shield is located near the intersection of 59 and the outer loop. John can be reached at 832.264.0670.