Hot backup camera

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

snew17

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model S
This evening I was opening the trunk on my new Raven S and I noticed the backup camera was hot. It shouldn't be on and even if it was it shouldn't be hot. Has anyone else experienced a hot backup camera?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla has installed heaters on all of the cameras. This is done mainly to remove snow in the winter, but I could imagine that they're also used to remove condensation as well.

If you're worried that it might be malfunctioning, you can take it to a Tesla service center and ask them to take a look.

Infrared Video Shows That Tesla Autopilot 2.0 Cameras Are Heated

Frully

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Intentional heater was my suspicion. I figured they'd only be on in low ambient temperatures but might be an always thing.