Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Honda will show their NeuV concept coming up at CES
it's..... um, interesting...? and a little like a Furby and I don't expect it to ever see a public street.

From Autoblog.com

Well, @MelindaV, maybe in Japan...? I've some pretty boxy vehicles there... relative to them this one is (almost...) cute (can see your reference to Furby somehow... a decently shave one then! Funny it did not strike me the 1st time around...) :)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Guys, looks like a lot of other Japanese concepts that are really focused on being a Kei class car...

Japanese roads. If they add a CHAdeMO on this thing, it would be quite a capable little car for their country.
but do you want to be concerned you car may take something personally? maybe that was where the automotive AI is going, but a non-emotional AI seems a much more appropriate application for vehicles.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
but do you want to be concerned you car may take something personally? maybe that was where the automotive AI is going, but a non-emotional AI seems a much more appropriate application for vehicles.
Yep, I have got four ladies at the house (my lovely wife and three precious girls)... The last thing I need is my car becoming emotional on me... :D

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Considering that this is the same culture that created the Tamagotchi...

...I'm not surprised.

@Michael Russo, just accept the fact that it's your fault and be fine with that.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, yeah, amigo, yet they don't all make luggage on wheels design... :p
This could be very practical for a fully autonomous means of transportation that isn't privately owned. Which comes and picks you up at a summons, brings you to your destination and then drives on to the next person. (You being the temporary luggage...)
Which we might see around 2030 in large numbers in big city areas. Then of course without a steering wheel or any other means to drive it yourself.

As a personal car it's a joke.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
This could be very practical....
As a personal car it's a joke.
@MichelT3 , for the most part I agree, yet remember, we are looking at this with our European eyes... with respect for cultural diversity, a small practical city car (though a little square...) may have more appeal... :cool:
Besides, when you have to deal with this kind of crowds in public transportation - otherwise very effective! - (cf. last week in Tokyo's Shinagawa Station... Sorry, can't attach video...), maybe it's an option... ;)

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't think it's creative @Michael Russo
It's my strong belief that in the long run (from 2030 onwards) many people will do away with their personal cars and just will use shared autonomous drives. Only those who live out in the country, use their car for long trips, or want a car out of status still will own a personal car.
This is already happening in bigger (European?) cities, where more and more (young) people don't own a car any more, but make use of shared cars. Much cheaper and easier for the generations who don't see a car any more as something to be proud of, but just as a convenience.

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I don't think it's creative @Michael Russo
It's my strong belief that in the long run (from 2030 onwards) many people will do away with their personal cars and just will use shared autonomous drives. Only those who live out in the country, use their car for long trips, or want a car out of status still will own a personal car.
This is already happening in bigger (European?) cities, where more and more (young) people don't own a car any more, but make use of shared cars. Much cheaper and easier for the generations who don't see a car any more as something to be proud of, but just as a convenience.
Well, maybe you're right, @MichelT3 ...! I'll be 73 in 2030 (the Lord permitting...) 11+ years into my extraordinary Model ≡ experience and I clearly intend to make the most of it, at the wheel, or at least on the driver seat with my hands on my lap, for as long as my health permits... actually self-driving is bound to help senior citizens enjoy their cars longer! :)

Badback

Valued Community Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Yep, I have got four ladies at the house (my lovely wife and three precious girls)... The last thing I need is my car becoming emotional on me... :D
Michael, it must be tough waiting until 3PM to use the bathroom!

Anyway, about the car, it appears to have very limited suspension travel so it rides like a grocery cart and looks like a coffee grinder.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well, maybe you're right, @MichelT3 ...! I'll be 73 in 2030 (the Lord permitting...) 11+ years into my extraordinary Model ≡ experience and I clearly intend to make the most of it, at the wheel, or at least on the driver seat with my hands on my lap, for as long as my health permits... actually self-driving is bound to help senior citizens enjoy their cars longer! :)
And since you will be enjoying your house out in the country in the SW of France then, travelling to Belgium and Italy a few times a year, you would still need a personal car anyway.
It could very well be that I'm still doing odd jobs then - at 72 - certainly travelling around The Netherlands.
I wonder, will we still own our first Model 3 then, 11 years old, 330.000 km on the clock?

Michael Russo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
And since you will be enjoying your house out in the country in the SW of France then, travelling to Belgium and Italy a few times a year, you would still need a personal car anyway.
It could very well be that I'm still doing odd jobs then - at 72 - certainly travelling around The Netherlands.
I wonder, will we still own our first Model 3 then, 11 years old, 330.000 km on the clock?
@MichelT3 , before we go off topic much further... let me close by saying there is a good chance, if I can help it... As for 30k km per year, though maybe a bit on the high side for a retired mode, you never know, with such a great car!! If not, we'll be driving our SECOND! ;)