Homelink glitch, won't transmit

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

96s46p

Country
Country
Homelink would not transmit, the little signal strength icon would not appear when pressing either of the 2 programmed items. Had to reboot via scroll wheels and it was working again. Anybody else seen? 2018.21.9. Anybody knows does the homelink transmitter talk to the display over canbus or what?

JayT

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm getting the same issue. My M3 intermittently does not transmit the homelink signal when I tap the named item. A system reboot fixes it temporarily but the issue returns almost daily.

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've found the homelink is glitchy. The car ALWAYS opens the door when I'm approaching but when I'm in the garage its sketchy sometimes if it'll open the door or not.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the same problem. It works when I approach but not always when I leave. And it won't transmit when I manually push it. It's almost as if the Homelink isn't quite awake yet. Very annoying when you have to get out and go close the door.

pyrotech6

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This problem is happening to me as well.

Almost daily. Resetting the car solves the problem every time. Ugh.

Demetre

Country
Country
Vin33XXX. My issue is with the auto signal sometimes doesn't activate. I assumed that occurs when I skip the auto mode when the garage door is already open when I arrive. When I subsequently leave it does not send the signal and figured it did that for one cycle for whatever reason, but that is not the case. It seems a little glitchy. I have not had any issues doing it manually.

Dano9258

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yea mine works for the auto every time. It's just manual in the mornings. I just tried it manually this evening and it worked....so it's something about the morning

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the same issue with mine. It works less than 50% of the time. VIN 35xxx. The reset worked, but the problem came back a day or two later.

Dano9258

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry I'm on my phone and can't see signatures...so it appears that might be affecting 30XXX and up? I haven't seen a VIN lower than that

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just configured Homelink a couple of days back. It works well when arriving home, it ALWAYS transmits to open the garage.

Though, while leaving home, it failed to close the garage one time out of 10 maybe.
That one time, after I opened the garage with the wall button (which how I open always), I lingered longer in the garage than the other 9 times.

I wonder if that caused it to not issue the close operation. I could successfully close the garage by clicking the homelink button myself.

sjcsale

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've found the homelink is glitchy. The car ALWAYS opens the door when I'm approaching but when I'm in the garage its sketchy sometimes if it'll open the door or not.
What did you mean by it will not open the garage when in the garage? I'm assuming this is, when you are about to leave.

Do you press the homelink button while sitting in the car inside the garage? Or is it supposed to open just by putting the car in drive/reverse?