Homelink disabled the old remote?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After I got my M3, the first thing when I got home is to program the Homelink to open the garage door. Followed the instruction, everything went smoothly. It opens/closes the garage door nicely and even auto open/close (when arrive/leave) works fine. But then I noticed that my old remote does not work anymore, actually both of them. Is this normal?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It sounds like you followed the instructions for clearing out all codes from your opener before programming the new remote. I remember doing that at one point. :eek:

Look through your garage door opener's manual and see what the difference is between programming the *first* remote and adding *additional* remotes.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you both, you guys are right. I must pressed button for too long on the opener which erased all the remotes. I re-programed all the remotes, they all work now as well as the M3. I love the auto open/close feature.