Hill hold / assist

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

AEDennis

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Mistersandman

Country
Country
This needs improvement. What I’m finding is that when I’m stopped on a steep hill or driveway and hill hold is engaged, when I want to slowly move forward I need to guesstimate how much I need to step on the accelerator to prevent the car from rolling backwards. With the instant torque available here you need to be very careful that you don’t lurch forward too fast trying to overcompensate gravity. But at the same time keep the car from rolling backwards.

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This is one thing I really wish Tesla would copy from the BMW i3. The i3 will not roll in the opposite direction of what gear you currently have selected. This is controlled electrically through the motor, not friction brakes. D means the car will not roll backwards, and R, means it won’t roll forward. Works great.

telero

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
This needs improvement. What I’m finding is that when I’m stopped on a steep hill or driveway and hill hold is engaged, when I want to slowly move forward I need to guesstimate how much I need to step on the accelerator to prevent the car from rolling backwards. With the instant torque available here you need to be very careful that you don’t lurch forward too fast trying to overcompensate gravity. But at the same time keep the car from rolling backwards.
Creep on or off? Haven't had a chance to see if creep will hold you or move you forward on a steep hill or not.

Mistersandman

Country
Country
Creep on or off? Haven't had a chance to see if creep will hold you or move you forward on a steep hill or not.
Yes. Even with creep on. Gotta be especially careful when pulling into my steep driveway because passengers need to get out before pulling into the garage and they need to walk behind the car to get into the house. Last thing I want to do is roll back into my kids. The fact that I pull my mirrors in to get into garage limits visibility further.

BLDRN3R

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Its there and it works phenomenally well. This feature SAVED my M3 from a @$$^%(*) driver. Literally on first drive on my way home from delivery center yesterday. Inches from rear ended and stopped on a hill. Hold prevented rollback and allowed me to safely get away without incident. Close call to say the least.

Attachments

zosoisnotaword

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Its there and it works phenomenally well. This feature SAVED my M3 from a @$$^%(*) driver. Literally on first drive on my way home from delivery center yesterday. Inches from rear ended and stopped on a hill. Hold prevented rollback and allowed me to safely get away without incident. Close call to say the least.
Hey, where did you find that hipster music station? Even though I only liked about 5% of the songs they played, I'm kind of missing Sirius XMU because it led me to some of my favorite bands like alt-J and the XX.

zosoisnotaword

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Lol I did a search for Moullinex. Really like their music.
I searched it yesterday, but only got the artist result, not a station result. When I saw Phantogram I assumed it was a pre-made radio station. I didn't realize at the time that you could click on an artist and it would create a station for you based on that artist! A whole new world of listening opportunities just opened up for me. Thanks for posting your Hold assist picture or it would have been another two years before I discovered this.

BLDRN3R

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I searched it yesterday, but only got the artist result, not a station result. When I saw Phantogram I assumed it was a pre-made radio station. I didn't realize at the time that you could click on an artist and it would create a station for you based on that artist! A whole new world of listening opportunities just opened up for me. Thanks for posting your Hold assist picture or it would have been another two years before I discovered this.
The slacker radio is fantastic because of the fact you can make stations out of songs, albums, artists, or genres. Lots of discovery and favoriting. Im constantly asking my wife to favorite songs and we have a pretty epic favorites list already. One thing I have noticed tho, the 'favorites' radio channel is still pulling recommendations and is not just a 'upvoted' playlist.