High freq noise with fan

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ig0p0g0

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Since I got my Model 3, I've had a crazy ringing in my ears. Finally I fired up a spectrum analyzer in the car and lo and behold, there's a significant and narrow peak at 19 kHz. After some experimentation I discovered that it's related to the fan, increased fan raises the peak. Pretty sure this is causing the ringing, but I'll turn off the fan for a few days and see what happens.

Can folks check and see if they have the same peak? There's a free spectrum analyzer called spectrum for iOS.

Thanks!

ig0p0g0

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here's a pic. Seems like it's strongest under the steering wheel, but it's tough to pinpoint using my 'high end' equipment.

Country
Country
I have that also, but it seemed to start after the 21.9 update. Didn't notice it at all on 18.3 (which I had for a few weeks). Almost sounds like the whine of when you have a wall wart when it's charging? (But while driving of course.)

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I have that also, but it seemed to start after the 21.9 update. Didn't notice it at all on 18.3 (which I had for a few weeks). Almost sounds like the whine of when you have a wall wart when it's charging? (But while driving of course.)
Frankly I now have a harmonic whole driving only after the 21.9 update. I thought it was in my head. Now I think it is new